1st February 2014, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

Possibility of admission in MIT or Georgia Tech or University of Michigan?

Hey guys, i’ve done Btech in Mechanical Engineering from IIT Bombay and am planning to apply for M.Eng Manufacturing and M.S.Mechancial Engineering this Fall at MIT and M.S Mechanical Engg at Georgia Tech and University of Michigan Ann-Arbor.
these are my stats:
CGPA :3.7/4.0[Converted as per US system]
GRE: 150[Q-800,V-770 and AWA-4.5]
TOEFL[iBT]- 117
12th-96%
10th-74%
i was a research intern at University of Minnesota for 6 months,TU Berlin for 4.5 months and right now for past 2 months i’ve been working as RI at University of Toronto,
With these stats is it possible for me to get into MIT or Georgia or UMich ???

Related Questions:
  1. When can I get the online admission form of B.Tech in MIT Pune? What is the cutoff score?
  2. How to apply for MS after B.Tech CSE? How to get admission in MIT university for MS?
  3. How can I get admission in MIT after completing B.Tech?
  4. Procedure for admission in MIT USA for Ph.D? What is the eligibility criteria?
  5. How to join in aeronautical engneering college? What are qualification requirements?
  6. List of top 5 engineering colleges in India and Abroad having the best faculty and infrastructure in Computer Science?
  7. Possibility for me to enter in Anna University CEG or MIT campus after scoring 35.546 in TANCET? What is the date of issue of TANCET M.E Application form?
  8. How to do M.Tech from MIT after completing B.E from medical electronics? Which entrance exam to write to get admission in MIT under Biomedical field?
  9. List of foreign universities in India? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Which foreign universities have established their branches in India? Where are they located and how to apply for it?
  11. List of top 10 universities in US for MS in VLSI or Embedded system
  12. Which is the best college with scholarship between Canada, Australia, France, Germany, USA and UK?
  13. Which are the good universities in USA offering MS in control and automation or embedded systems? What are the GRE score requirements? Whats the average living cost in USA?
  14. Which country is suitable for future studies in automobile Engineering in Europe or USA?
  15. How to apply for MS after B.Tech Civil Engineering? How to get admission in MIT University for MS?
  16. Possibility of studying at MIT USA? Guidelines and eligibility?
  17. List of courses and universities considered good for Mechanical engineering?
  18. Which country is the best to do MS in Mechanical engineering stream?
1st March 2014, 12:47 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility of admission in MIT or Georgia Tech or University of Michigan?

It is great to see you aspire for higher studies after getting passed out from IIT Bombay, the topmost technical institute of the country. Usually for MIT, the scores required in GRE is more than 165, so the GRE score can be a hindrance to your path of admission in MIT. However you have an excellent career record and good TOEFL score with research work done under University of Minnesota. These facts can go in your favor and prove to be crucial in getting selected by the MIT university.

Selection in MIT depends on the type of other candidates who have applied. If they have a better career record and better scores, then you will not be selected. Otherwise you have bright chance. However, in the other two universities which is Georgia Tech and University of Michigan Ann-Arbor, you can definitely get selected with these entrance scores and career record.

Our best wishes are with you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?