12th July 2015, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D in English after completing MA in English with 50.1%?

Sir I would like to do phd english, I have MA English 50.1 % marks only. So am I eligible to do Ph.D English.

13th July 2015, 01:35 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D in English after completing MA in English with 50.1%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir I would like to do phd english, I have MA English 50.1 % marks only. So am I eligible to do Ph.D English.
You have completed M.A in English with 50.1% marks so you are eligible for Ph.D course.

The educational qualification required for Ph.D course is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for Ph.D exam.

Your age should be below 28 years.
13th July 2015, 06:19 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D in English after completing MA in English with 50.1%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After having completed M.A in English you are eligible for applying for Ph.d in English as you are satisfying the needed educational qualification. The needed educational qualification for joining in Ph.d English is, candidate should have completed a Master's degree. Certain universities would need the candidate to qualify the NET exam (National Eligibility Test) in order to do the course.
  • Amity University, Madhya Pradesh
  • Amirtha School Of Arts and Sciences, Kerala
  • Arignar Anna Govt. College, TN
  • Atal Bihari Vajpayee Hindi Vishawavidhayalaya, Madhya Pradesh
  • Bhagat Phool Singh Mahila Vishwavidyalaya
  • Catholicate College
  • Central University of Tamil Nadu
  • Department of Pharmaceutical Education and Research
  • Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh
  • DIT University
  • Dnyanopak shikshan Mandal’s College of Arts, Commerce & Science
  • Gauhati University
  • Gauhati University
  • Goa University
  • Govt. Kamla Raja Girls Post Graduate College
  • Govt. M H College of Home Science & Science for Women
  • Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya
  • Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya
  • Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar
  • Indian Institute of Technology, Indore
14th July 2015, 09:58 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

If you are from the reserved category and you have completed your M.A in English with 51% marks then you are eligible to do the course of PhD.
If you are from the general category then I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for the course of PhD.
As for the general category the 55% marks is required in Masters Degree to be eligible for the course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?