12th October 2016, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Physics without having a masters degree?

Can I do phd in physics without having master degree In any Indian institute part time? Can you please provide me the steps which is followed for the same? It will be helpful if you can provide me the complete information on the same. thanks!

12th October 2016, 04:26 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Physics without having a masters degree?

No, you are not eligible for PhD without having master degree. For getting admission in this course you have to complete your post graduation with minimum of 55% marks. Only after that you will be eligible for this course. Thanks
12th October 2016, 09:35 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Physics without having a masters degree?

No, part time Ph.D is not possible in Physics, if you don't have a masters degree in physics. Only regular Ph.D is possible and that also in very rare case, if student has an exceptional record and JEST qualified.

So, you don't have much options, if you are looking for Ph.D admission based on your degree qualification.
12th October 2016, 10:36 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to do Ph.D course since you have not completed your Masters degree.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in a respective field from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course.
13th October 2016, 02:37 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that you cannot get admission in PhD course without having a Masters degree as the minimum eligibility is that you should have scored a minimum of 55% aggregate in your Masters degree from a recognized university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?