4th September 2015, 10:24 AM
Unregistered

What is the percentage marks required for doing Ph.D in statistics?

I am completed my b.com with statistics than after, I am Completed my MBA with finance. can i do phd in statistics? And What percentage require for do phd in statistics? Can someone please take your time and explain me the complete details for the same?

Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in statistics after completion of B.Com course?
  2. Where to do PhD in statistics in India? In which all exams to appear?
  3. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Statistics after completion of B.Com and MBA with Finance?
  4. Which course is in more demand between Ph.D in Statistics and Ph.D in Applied Statistics?
  5. Minimum percentage required in M.Sc to get admission in PhD? Cost of acquiring a PhD seat?
  6. Percentage required to be eligible for Statistics honours? College under DU?
  7. Is there facility to part time PhD in Statistics or Bio Statistics or Clinical Statistics?
  8. Difference between Ph.D in statistics and PhD in applied statistics in opportunity point of view?
  9. What are the research Programs in Statistics? Previous question papers of PhD Statistics of Central University?
  10. Minimum marks required in M.Phil to study PhD in History? Total fee and age limit to do PhD?
  11. Can I pursue PhD having 50.7% in M.Com? Age limit to do PhD?
  12. How should I join M.Phil and Ph.D in Commerce? Is there any entrance test? How much percentage is required for the test? Can I do M.Phil or Ph.D in Commerce after B.Com or M.Com? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Does ICAR offers PhD in Statistics program?
  14. What is the minimum required percentage to do PhD in English after completion of MA?
  15. Is there any entrance exam to study PhD in ISRO for M.Sc(Statistics) candidate?
  16. Can a person start PhD in Literature directly after MA? What is the percentage required?
  17. Am I eligible to apply for Infosys Off-Campus Drive if secured 78% in 10th, 59.10% in Intermediate, 59.94% in BCA and 76% in MCA?
  18. When to get admission for Ph.D in Arts courses? Required percentage of marks for this?
4th September 2015, 08:45 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the percentage marks required for doing Ph.D in statistics?

You need 55% marks in your post graduation degree to become eligible for PH.D admission in India. If you belong to reserved category then you need only 50% marks. Make sure you have studied statistics in post graduation.

Admission is purely based on merit and you need to qualify written exam and interview. If you can qualify exams like NET/SET/JRF then you have great chance of getting admission in top university.
4th September 2015, 10:41 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am completed my b.com with statistics than after, I am Completed my MBA with finance. can i do phd in statistics? And What percentage require for do phd in statistics? Can someone please take your time and explain me the complete details for the same?

Thank you!
You have completed in MBA in Finance so you are eligible for Ph.D course in Finance. You are not eligible for Ph.D in Statics.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Your age should be below 28 years for JRF post.
4th September 2015, 10:57 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Candidate must have passed Masters with minimum 55% marks for doing Ph.D in statistics.

Yes, candidate can pursue Ph.D in statistics after completing MBA in finance.
There is no age limit.
10th September 2015, 02:47 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can pursue your Ph.D in Statistics after completion of your MBA in Finance, there is no harm in it. However, you must have scored a minimum of 55% marks in your PG course to be eligible for pH.D programmes.

You will further have to qualify in NET/JRF/SET examination, in order to get admission in Ph.D course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?