11th March 2018, 11:11 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do PhD in Mathematics if completed M.Sc in Statistics? Procedure to get admission?

Respected Sir, I have completed my B.Sc and M.Sc in Statistics. I am teaching Statistics in Private High School. I had Maths and Statistics in my graduation and postgraduation. So, I can do PhD in Mathematics subject? I would also like to know that what I have to do for PhD admission?

24th April 2018, 10:54 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do PhD in Mathematics if completed M.Sc in Statistics? Procedure to get admission?

Since, you have studied Mathematics as a subject in your Masters degree course, you can very much opt for PhD course in Mathematics.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree studying Mathematics as a subject from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the PhD course in Mathematics.
Since, you are eligible for PhD course, you must have to appear in the NET examination, qualifying in which you can get admission to study PhD course in different Universities offering PhD in Mathematics.
17th September 2021, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible to do PhD in Mathematics if completed M.Sc in Statistics? Procedure to get admission?

Am I eligible to do PhD in Mathematics if completed M.Sc in Statistics and B.Sc in mathematics?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?