24th January 2016, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for Ph.D from IITs after doing MCA and BCA course? What is the procedure to take admission?

Hello Sir/Mam,

i want to do phd from iit delhi.i vahe done mca and bca .
may i eligible for phd from iit or not.some of my friend told me mca peoples are not allowed to do phd from iits.
what is the process of taking admission in iits.

plz reply to me.

30th January 2016, 10:55 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Ph.D from IITs after doing MCA and BCA course? What is the procedure to take admission?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir/Mam,

i want to do phd from iit delhi.i vahe done mca and bca .
may i eligible for phd from iit or not.some of my friend told me mca peoples are not allowed to do phd from iits.
what is the process of taking admission in iits.

plz reply to me.
Yes, you are eligible for Ph.D course from IIT because you have completed MCA degree.You can do Ph.D course through GATE and UGC NET exam.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then are eligible for GATE exam.

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.

Candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D course. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There is no age criteria. Your age should be below 28 years for JRF post.
1st August 2016, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for Ph.D from IITs after doing MCA and BCA course? What is the procedure to take admission?

Sir can I take admission in MCA at IIT and what is the procedures to take admission in IIT
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?