20th February 2017, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

Can I change subject in Ph.D after completion of M.Tech in Computer Science?

I have completed my M.Tech in computer science engineering. Now I want to join Ph.D. Can I change my subjects in Ph.D or not?. I want to do Ph.D in mathematics, statistics. Can I do it? If yes, then what is the procedure. If no then in what subjects I can do my Ph.D after mtech in cse?

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to apply for Distance PhD(Computer Science) for M.Tech(CSE) student?
  2. Best branch in mtech other than computer science? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. In which subject I should do PhD among Computer Science and Computer Application if completed MCA?
  4. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of M.Sc Computer Science?
  5. Is it possible for me to do PhD in Computer Science or Information Technology?
  6. Can I do PhD in Computer Science having 62% marks?
  7. Do I need to be GATE qualified to apply for PhD(Computer Science) entrance test of Anna University?
  8. Eligibility criteria for M.Tech computer science after MCA? Scope of M.Tech in Computer science? Can a student pursue M.Tech in CS from IIT or NIT after MCA?
  9. How to do Ph.D in computer science after completing MCA?
  10. Can I become a Teacher in good Engineering colleges after completion of PhD in Computer Application/Computer Science?
  11. Can I do PhD if secured 56% in B.Sc and 53.9% in M.Sc(Computer Science)?
  12. Eligibility for PhD in Computer Science or Computer Application? Which university is providing these courses?
  13. Entrance exams to be given for doing PhD in Computer Science related subjects?
  14. How may I change my subjects from Computer Science to Physical Education? I'm having eye disease so I can't work on Computer system for a long time
  15. Am I eligible to study PhD in Mathematics after completing MS in Computer Science?
  16. List of software engineering branches available for GATE in IIT's for M.Tech?
  17. List of colleges available for doing M.Tech after completing B.Tech with 54% marks?
  18. Can I change my subject in science stream?
23rd February 2017, 05:58 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I change subject in Ph.D after completion of M.Tech in Computer Science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my M.Tech in computer science engineering. Now I want to join Ph.D. Can I change my subjects in Ph.D or not?. I want to do Ph.D in mathematics, statistics. Can I do it? If yes, then what is the procedure. If no then in what subjects I can do my Ph.D after mtech in cse?

Sorry, it is not possible to change subject in PhD after completion of M.Tech in Computer Science. You have to do PhD in Computer Science or related subjects only, after M.Tech in Computer Science. The eligibility to PhD is a Master’s Degree in the relevant subject with at least 60% marks. Candidates will be admitted to the course through an entrance examination and interview. Candidates who have passed GATE will be admitted directly through interview. So it is not possible to change subject in PhD after the completion of M.Tech in Computer Science.
24th February 2017, 06:10 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I change subject in Ph.D after completion of M.Tech in Computer Science?

If you have done M.Tech in computer sciences, then you can do Ph.D in the same subject or any relative subject. There is no change of subject possible, if you are looking for research in a completely different field.

For doing Ph.D in a relatively different stream, you need to have a masters degree in the same subject first.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?