20th February 2017, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

Can I do Ph.D in Physics just after completion of Ph.D in Mathematics?

Can I do Ph.D in Physics just after completion of Ph.D in Mathematics? Is it allowed or not? What would be the procedure follow to apply for Ph.D again? Any eligibility criteria will be asked for? Any age limit or so? Can you please answer me soon?

23rd February 2017, 04:30 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I do Ph.D in Physics just after completion of Ph.D in Mathematics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I do Ph.D in Physics just after completion of Ph.D in Mathematics? Is it allowed or not? What would be the procedure follow to apply for Ph.D again? Any eligibility criteria will be asked for? Any age limit or so? Can you please answer me soon?

For pursuing PhD in Physics, you should have completed Master’s Degree in Physics with at least 55% marks from a college. The admission to the PhD in Physics will be done on the basis of marks scored in the entrance examination and interview. But, you want to do PhD in Physics just after completion of PhD in Mathematics. One PhD is enough for you to pursue your career. It is very difficult to complete a PhD in Mathematics. The time taken for the completion of one PhD is two years. So think twice before taking any decision. First complete the PhD in Mathematics and after completion think of pursuing PhD in Physics.
23rd February 2017, 07:00 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do Ph.D in Physics just after completion of Ph.D in Mathematics?

I am happy to tell you that definitely you can do Ph.D in Mathematics after the completion of your Ph.D in Physics only if you are eligible for Ph.D in Mathematics.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in the relevant subject from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in the same field.
If you are eligible then you have to qualify in the UGC-NET examination in order to get admission under the said course.
24th February 2017, 06:08 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For Ph.D in physics, you need to have a masters degree in physics. If you haven't studied physics at post graduation degree level, then you won't be eligible for research in the given subject because most of the universities follow UGC guidelines.

Hence, you have to take your decision according to your qualification. If you don't have a post graduate degree in physics, then you won't get admission in Ph.D physics.
24th February 2017, 10:47 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to pursue Ph.D in Physics only when you complete Master's Degree in Physics as a major subject and otherwise on the other case, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible.

The basic qualification required for doing Ph.D in Physics is Master's Degree in Physics with minimum 55% marks. Yes, it's possible to do Ph.D in Physics even after the completion of Ph.D in Mathematics. You are required to appear in UGE NET Examination in order to pursue this course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?