19th April 2015, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

In which subject I should do PhD among Computer Science and Computer Application if completed MCA?

Friends,
I have done MCA from Aligarh Muslim University.
Now I want to go for PhD. But I am confuse as I have
done MCA so in which subject I do PhD?
I do PhD in Computer Application or in Computer Science?
Kindly help me to know about this.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Computer Science or Computer Application if I have completed MCA in commerce?
  2. PhD in Computer Science is possible to do from IGNOU or not?
  3. Can I do PhD in Computer Science having 62% marks?
  4. Eligibility for PhD in Computer Science or Computer Application? Which university is providing these courses?
  5. For which subject I should apply for Ph.D entrance exam if completed M.Sc in Computer Science? Reference books for preparation?
  6. Completed MCA after BSc in Computer Science Honors : Am I eligible for doing Ph.D in Computer Science? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Am I eligible to study PhD in Computer Science if pursuing MCA from SMU?
  8. Universities which offer Part Time PhD in Computer Application to MCA postgraduate?
  9. After MCA can I do PhD in Computer Science or I will have to do research first?
  10. How to do Ph.D in computer science after completing MCA?
  11. List of universities which offer PhD in Computer Application in USA to MCA postgraduate?
  12. MCA holder is eligible for the post of assistant professor in B.Sc Computer Science?
  13. How to do Ph.D in computer science after completing MCA?
  14. Is it compulsory to appear in UGC-NET for doing PhD in Computer Science for MCA postgraduate?
  15. Procedure to get Ph.D in Computer Application after MCA? Institutes for the same? Procedure to apply?
  16. List of institutes which offer PhD in Computer Science in Lucknow and Dehradun?
  17. How to do Ph.D in computer science after doing MCA(computer science)? Is Lovely professional university best for doing Ph.D?
  18. New topics for PhD in Computer Science
24th April 2015, 09:10 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: In which subject I should do PhD among Computer Science and Computer Application if completed MCA?

MCA covers a lot of subjects and it also gives you a lot of scope to pursue PhD.
The best thing for you will be to pursue PhD in the subject where you are strong.
You must have in-depth Domain Knowledge to be able to complete your PhD quickly.
So just make sure you are clear in this regard.
Considering you are strong in most of the subjects it will be best if you are able to pursue your PhD in Operating Systems.
It will be best for you as it is one area where there is a lot of scope.
If you are good with the Operating Systems and you have a good Programming base then this is the best subject for you to pursue your PhD.
So take a note of your strengths and then choose accordingly.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?