25th June 2017, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

Can I do direct Ph.D without doing M.Phil?

How many years will take for completion of M.Phil. and how much amount we need to spent for M.Phil. Course? Kindly educate me and can I do direct PhD. instead of doing M.Phil?

25th June 2017, 11:34 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do direct Ph.D without doing M.Phil?

It is not mandatory to pursue M.Phil before P.hd, but in some institutes they allows admission to candidates who have completed their M.Phil. Generally candidates who have completed their master's degree are eligible to pursue P.hd, but before that they have to appear for an entrance examination. The duration of M.Phil is 2 years long and the fees depends upon the course you select and also on the standard of the university. So, without knowing the course I cannot guide you with the fee structure of M.Phil.
28th June 2017, 01:20 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do direct Ph.D without doing M.Phil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How many years will take for completion of M.Phil. and how much amount we need to spent for M.Phil. Course? Kindly educate me and can I do direct PhD. instead of doing M.Phil?
Duration for M.Phil course is two years. Fees for M.Phil course is 10,000/-.

Yes, you can do Ph.D course without M.Phil degree but you should qualify in UGC NET exam in LS post.

Your masters degree marks must be above 55% from a recognized University.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?