24th May 2015, 01:31 AM
Unregistered

Can I do Ph.D after completion of B.Com course?

Dear Sir/Mam,

I have done B.Com from p.u in. Now i want to do phd. Please guide me how i can do phd now? What is the procedure to be followed to join Ph.D after B.Com? Is it going to be really tough to complete Ph.D course or it's ok to do after my B.Com course? Kindly provide me the answer soon.

Thanks.

24th May 2015, 07:34 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do Ph.D after completion of B.Com course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir/Mam,

I have done B.Com from p.u in. Now i want to do phd. Please guide me how i can do phd now? What is the procedure to be followed to join Ph.D after B.Com? Is it going to be really tough to complete Ph.D course or it's ok to do after my B.Com course? Kindly provide me the answer soon.

Thanks.
No, after completion of B.Com degree, you can not apply for Ph.D course.

Eligibility criteria for Ph.D course:-

If you have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university then you are eligible for Ph.D course.

There is no age criteria.
25th May 2015, 02:55 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

I am extremely sorry to state that you are not eligible to pursue PhD course after your B.Com course. The minimum eligibility to pursue PhD course is - you should be at least post graduate. This means you need to undergo M.Com course and then only you will be eligible for PhD. You can also pursue M.Phil after M.Com and then go for PhD course. You need to appear in the entrance exams based on which different universities take admission for PhD course.
20th July 2017, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to do Mcom after b com for PhD or Can I do MA after B com than go for PhD?
15th October 2017, 12:26 PM
kunalroy89

You need a post graduate degree to be eligible for Ph.D. Graduation degree is not enough for Ph.D.
You can go for M.A if it is allowed in your University after B.Com as this is not valid in most universities.
After MA,you can go for Ph.D.
But it would be advisable not to change stream or major subjects in higher studies as they are already tougher to grasp.
12th April 2018, 10:39 AM
Unregistered

Can I do PhD after completion of bom and MBA course if yes so what are procedures?
13th May 2018, 12:42 PM
Unregistered

I completed my undergraduate and now I have to do correspondence m. Com... Is there any value of correspondence m. Com to do PhD in Kannada?
15th February 2020, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

I did B.Com and masters in history, preparing for NET exam for pH.d,Is it good for my future study or not because I got 61% in master of arts in history?
27th October 2021, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

Why are not b.com after ph.D i want study by ph.D
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?