12th August 2016, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

Can I do Ph.D in Dentistry after BDS course? Where should I apply for it?

Hello sir, I am pursuing BDS course and after completion of it I want to do Ph.D in Dentistry. Can I do it after BDS or should I do MDS course and then go for Ph.D. If yes then where should I apply for it?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I pursue PhD in Dentistry after completing BDS from India? Which Universities in India offer this course?
  2. Can I do Ph.D in Dentistry after BDS course? Where should I apply for it?
  3. How can I apply for forensic dentistry after completing BDS?
  4. How to practice dentistry in UK after doing BDS?
  5. Can I apply for Forensic Dentistry in USA after completing BDS? If yes then please tell me the procedure.
  6. Can I get admission in PhD(Dentistry) program in Dr. D.Y. Patil Vidyapeeth being an MDS holder of other state? Details of PhD(Dentistry) in this university?
  7. Where can i do internship in Delhi in Dentistry after BDS?
  8. How can a BDS graduate apply for National institute of Immunology? What's the eligibility criteria and admission procedure?
  9. Job opportunities for BDS Doctor of India in Abroad? Which is the favourable country for Dentistry?
  10. Is there any Post Graduate Diploma course in Dentistry after BDS?
  11. What is the scope of MDS(Community Dentistry) program?
  12. Requirements for Post Graduation in Dentistry from US?
  13. What should I study after BDS in USA? -- [New]
  14. Can I do Masters in Forensic Dentistry after the completion of BDS? Required Entrance Exam for this purpose?
  15. List of colleges with fee and procedure to apply for Internship in Dentistry at New Delhi?
  16. Career scope of doing M.Sc in Dentistry after completion of BDS course? Am I eligible for the position of Lecturer in a college after completion of M.Sc course?
  17. Why is Indian BDS(Dentistry) not valid in foreign countries? What are the various job opportunities? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Need information about PG courses in Dentistry in UK?
13th August 2016, 08:20 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do Ph.D in Dentistry after BDS course? Where should I apply for it?

You can do Ph.D in Dentistry after BDS course:-

If you have done your masters in the subject than you can go for the Ph.D.

There are many colleges for Ph.D :-

AIIMS, Delhi

Christian Medical College,Vallore

JIPMER, puduchery

Grant Medical College , Mumbai

John's Medical College, Bangalore

Madras Medical College, Chennai

Kusturba Medical College, Manipal.
13th August 2016, 10:00 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do Ph.D in Dentistry after BDS course? Where should I apply for it?

Yes, you can apply for Ph.D in dentistry on the basis of BDS qualification but you need to qualify exam like CSIR NET for it. Those who qualify this exam can only apply for Ph.D admission.
If you don't qualify this exam then you have to complete MDS to become eligible for Ph.D admission. Admission will be on the basis of performance in interview and academic record.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?