27th April 2015, 01:19 AM
Unregistered

Can I do Ph.D if I have 53% marks in M.Com course?

Can I do Ph.D if I have 53% marks in M.Com course? Will I be eligible first of all to apply for the course? If not what should I do to be eligible for doing the Ph.D course? Can someone please guide me with the information soon as possible? Awaiting for the reply!

27th April 2015, 02:24 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do Ph.D if I have 53% marks in M.Com course?

Yes,you are eligible to apply for the Ph.D course after completing Master's degree.As you have secured only 53% marks in Master's degree which is not sufficient marks to become eligible for the exam for General category candidates,but, if you belong to SC/ST category then, you are eligible to apply for the exam with your percentage marks.

The qualification required to apply for the Ph.D course is Master's degree from a recognized university with minimum 55% marks for General category and 50% marks for the SC/ST candidates.

The admission to the Ph.D course is done through entrance exams in some universities and in some other universities without the entrance exam.
27th April 2015, 06:51 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Yes you will be eligible to apply for the Entrance Examination to apply for the course of PhD.
The requirement for the to apply for the NET Examination is that the candidate must have at least 50% throughout his career.
You are having 50% in your M.Com so you will be able to apply for the course.
To get admission into the PhD Course you will have to clear the NET Examination and then you will also have to crack a Personal Interview that will be conducted by the University where you are going to pursue your PhD.
So if you are able to crack the Examination and also the Personal Interview you will be able to pursue the PhD Course with a very good Scholarship that will be provided to you by the Government of India.
So start preparing as you are eligible to apply for the Entrance Examination.
28th April 2015, 01:05 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I do Ph.D if I have 53% marks in M.Com course? Will I be eligible first of all to apply for the course? If not what should I do to be eligible for doing the Ph.D course? Can someone please guide me with the information soon as possible? Awaiting for the reply!
You have completed M.Com degree with 53% from a recognized university so you are not eligible for Ph.D course.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Your age should be below 28 years for JRF post.
8th January 2019, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I am 30 years old. I have completed my M.com with less than 50%....am I eligible to do my PHD ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?