24th May 2014, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

Can I get age relaxation for PhD after completing 5 years research project?

Sir,

I am a research student in a GOI institute since last 01 year. this project is for 05 years. can i get age relaxation for phd after completing research project? now i am 28 yrs old.

thanking u
rk mandal

29th May 2014, 09:58 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I get age relaxation for PhD after completing 5 years research project?

As you want to know about the age relaxation after 5 years of research project work.

So I am going to tell you about your problem and also clear your doubts and makes you clear about your problem as far as possible. So as you have mentioned here that you are in research study from 1 year and the duration is for the research is 5 years. And also you have mentioned here that you are now 28 years old of age as per the guidelines for the research line the maximum age is 30.

So as you completed your project the age should be 33 years of age as it is the age limitation for over age as per the guidelines.

So, if you belong to reserved category you may get age relaxation according to government rules.

That means If you belong to SC OR ST then you will get 5 year of upper age relaxation and if you belongs to OBC then you will get 3 year age relaxation in upper age.

OR
if you do not belongs to reserved category then you can contact to the Principal OR Vice Chancellor of the college in which you want to do your research. And then it totally depends upon them that they have granted your request or not so it is fully depends on them. So now i think you will get solution of your problem. Good luck.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?