2nd March 2012, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

Can I be eligible for NET exam after scoring 54.6% in M.A Literature?

sir I got 54.6% in M.A literature did from S.V.U Tirupathi in 1994.Can I eligible to write NET exam?

3rd March 2012, 12:16 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I be eligible for NET exam after scoring 54.6% in M.A Literature?

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. This Exam is being conducted for the award of Junior Research Fellowship and to give admission to Lecturership.

One should have to score a minimum of 55% of marks in Post Graduation course to be eligible for this exam.

Relaxation is there in percentage of marks upto 5% for the candidates of SC/ST/ST/PH/VH categories.

As per age criteria,

There is no specific upper age limit mentioned for the candidates for Lecturership.

where as for JRF, one should not be more than 28 years of age. Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST/OBC/PH/VH and also for woman applicants.

Relaxation in upper age limit will also be there upto 5 years for the candidates who have some Research Experience.

Candidates who have appeared for final year exams of Post Graduation course and waiting for the result can also apply for this Exam.

Its been 18 years since you have completed your MA course. So, you are not eligible to appear for this exam.

If you want to make your career in Teaching field, then you can apply for Lecturer jobs in Teaching field.

Wish you all the best.
3rd March 2012, 06:03 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I be eligible for NET exam after scoring 54.6% in M.A Literature?

dear friend,
You want to appear in NET exam...

NET exam is conducted by UGC every year to recruit students for Lectureship and research courses..

So, you have to fulfill some eligibility criteria first yo appear in NET exam...

Eligibility criteria for NET exam:---------------->>

>>Candidate must have complete the master's degree course in any trade from a AICTE or UGC recognized university.
>>Candidate must have secure 55% aggregate in master's degree course..
>>Final year candidates are also eligible to apply for this exam.
>>For Lectureship----- No upper age limit..
>>For Junior Research Fellowship-----Upper age limit is 28 years.
Sc/ST candidates can apply for this exam till 33 years of age..

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill.
As you have secured 54.6% aggregate in MA course then sorry to say you that you are not eligible..
A Candidate , who has 54.99% aggregate in master's degree course is also not eligible for the exam...

All the best...
3rd August 2012, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

the qualification for an obc candidate to apply ugc humanities exam
27th September 2012, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

Can I be eligible for NET exam after scoring 54.5 in M.A.Histoty in 1997 ? cast-OBC
19th May 2013, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

what is the minimum marks and maximum age for NET for general candidate?
8th August 2019, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for ugc net with 51.2% marks in M.A. englush literature?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?