19th July 2014, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

Can I give NET/SET-Economics after 3rd semester or only after completing MBA?

Hi Sir, Im yuvaraj studying MBA 2nd sem.. Im planning 2 take up NET./SET exam.. So can I do NET/SET in Economics? And can I give NET/SET exam after 3rd sem or only after completing MBA? pls forward me the right information.. Thank you.

15th August 2014, 10:42 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give NET/SET-Economics after 3rd semester or only after completing MBA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir, Im yuvaraj studying MBA 2nd sem.. Im planning 2 take up NET./SET exam.. So can I do NET/SET in Economics? And can I give NET/SET exam after 3rd sem or only after completing MBA? pls forward me the right information.. Thank you.
If you are going to appear in MBA final semester exam, then you are eligible to apply UGC NET entrance exam. but you need to make sure that you will have more than 55% in MBA while completing the course to apply for the UGC NET exam.

National Eligibility Test (NET) is conducted by University Grants Commission (UGC). The aspirant must satisfy the below criteria in order to appear in the NET entrance exam,

UGC NET Eligibility Criteria:-
  • Aspirants should have passed the Master degree course from any recognized University with over 55% marks in any of the stream or an equivalent degree.
  • SC/ST aspirants have to ensure that they possess minimum of 50% marks in their master degree.
  • Aspirant age should not be more than 28 years to appear in JRF post.
  • There is no age limit for lectureship post.

For further clarification: www.ugc.ac.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?