8th June 2019, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

Can I pursue PhD(Mathematics) being a BCom(Mathematics) student?

Hi everyone, I am studying BCom and I am interested to do PhD in Mathematics. So, is it possible for me to do PhD in Mathematics? I have Mathematics in my BCom course. Please let me know asap.

14th June 2019, 11:48 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue PhD(Mathematics) being a BCom(Mathematics) student?

No, you are not eligible to get admission in Ph.D. (Mathematics) being a BCom(Mathematics) student because the required eligibility is that the candidate should have passed master degree in the respective stream from a recognized university.

If you want to get admission in Ph.D. (Mathematics) course then you should complete the master degree course after completing B.Com course and then you can apply for the admission of Ph.D. (Mathematics) course.
15th June 2019, 05:57 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue PhD(Mathematics) being a BCom(Mathematics) student?

Yes you are eligible to pursue PhD Mathematics after completing B.Com Mathematics.
You have to clear entrance examination to get admission and without clearing entrance examination you will not be able to get admission in any of the colleges.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?