13th January 2016, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

Can I study PhD in Political Science without M.Phil and NET/SET having completed M.A. externally?

Sir,
I have completed my B.Com then I have taken admission externally in Political Science M.A. course and completed with first class. I have no M.Phil degree no NET/SET. Can I take admission for PhD in Political Science?
With Regards-
Shivaji Raut

13th January 2016, 07:21 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study PhD in Political Science without M.Phil and NET/SET having completed M.A. externally?

You can surely get admission in PH.D on the basis of M.A degree but you need to perform well in the written exam and interview which will be conducted by the concerned university or institute.

Therefore, apply for admission in the concerned university and they will probably decide on merit only if you are applying in a reputed university. There are some PH.D entrance exams conducted by universities and you have to apply for it.
13th January 2016, 07:53 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study PhD in Political Science without M.Phil and NET/SET having completed M.A. externally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I have completed my B.Com then I have taken admission externally in Political Science M.A. course and completed with first class. I have no M.Phil degree no NET/SET. Can I take admission for PhD in Political Science?
With Regards-
Shivaji Raut
No, you can't get admission in Ph.D course without having UGC NET score card.

Candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D course. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There is no age criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?