13th August 2017, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

Can a NET JRF qualified in Management pursue PhD from IIMs or top universities? Eligibility for it?

I have qualified NET JRF in Management and want to take JRF and pursue PhD. Can you please tell whether I can pursue PhD from IIMs or top universities? Eligibility for it?

Related Questions:
  1. How to pursue Ph.D in management after completing PG in management?
  2. Can I study PhD(Hospital Management) being an PMIR postgraduate and UGC-NET qualified? List of colleges/universities offering such course in Patna? -- [New]
  3. How may I pursue PhD in management from top universities of USA or UK?
  4. Universities which offer PhD in Finance for UGC-NET-JRF qualified candidate in Dehradun
  5. How and where to apply for PhD in Travel & Hotel Management? Qualifying NET or JRF is important?
  6. Procedure of doing PhD after qualifying JRF?
  7. Is M.Phil required to pursue PhD? Which are universities offering PhD in Management via distance mode of education?
  8. Do the IIMs provide PhD in Management? Eligibility criteria and procedure to get admission?
  9. What is better for me PhD or M.Phil if qualified UGC NET and JRF?
  10. Is PGDM accepted for pursuing PhD in USA? Top universities in USA for management studies?
  11. Entrance tests to pursue Ph.D degree in management from top universities in USA/UK?
  12. From where can I pursue Ph.D in Management? What is the entire procedure of enrollment?
  13. How can I apply for PhD after qualifying OGC JRF exam? Is it possible to do Integrated PhD with JRF UGC Stipend?
  14. How to do M.Phil English from top universities in India? Can I do PhD directly if clear NET JRF exam?
  15. Am I eligible to pursue Ph.D in Folklore after qualifying in UGC NET JRF in Telugu literature?
  16. Ph.D after completing M.Sc Zoology with 82%? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. When will I get fellowship after clearing NET and JRF?
  18. What is the procedure followed to do Ph.D in home science?
17th August 2017, 03:49 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a NET JRF qualified in Management pursue PhD from IIMs or top universities? Eligibility for it?

Yes, definitely you can apply for the Ph.D course in Management after qualifying in the NET JRF examination from IIMs.
To be eligible for pursuing Ph.D course from IIMs, candidates must have to complete their Masters degree course in Management from a recognized University scoring a minimum of 55% of marks in it. After qualifying in the NET examination, based on the merit marks scored in the examination, candidates can get admission to pursue Ph.D course in the relevant field.
18th August 2017, 08:26 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can a NET JRF qualified in Management pursue PhD from IIMs or top universities? Eligibility for it?

Yes, a candidate who have qualified NET-JRF in Management can pursue PhD from IIMs and also eligible to pursue the same from top universities/colleges like IIT-Bombay, IIT-Delhi, IIT-Madras, IIT-Kharagpur, University of Roorkee, BITS, JNU, University of Mumbai, University of Delhi, etc.
Candidate, who have master's degree in any discipline with 55% marks throughout academic career from a recognized university, is eligible to do PhD in respective discipline.
25th August 2017, 03:01 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have qualified NET JRF in Management and want to take JRF and pursue PhD. Can you please tell whether I can pursue PhD from IIMs or top universities? Eligibility for it?
You have qualified in UGC NET exam in Management, so you can get admission in Ph.D course in IIM and top University also.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There are no age criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?