21st October 2017, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

How to do M.Phil English from top universities in India? Can I do PhD directly if clear NET JRF exam?

I want to do M.Phil in English and I have secured 57% marks PG English. I want to know how can I do M.Phil from top universities in India? Can I do directly PhD if clears NET JRF exam?

24th October 2017, 07:37 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to do M.Phil English from top universities in India? Can I do PhD directly if clear NET JRF exam?

Definitely you are eligible to do M.Phil in English after completion of your PG in English with 57% marks.
Those candidates who have completed master's degree in English with a minimum of 55% marks from any recognized university, are eligible to do M.Phil as well as PhD course in the relevant discipline.
Eligible candidates have to appear and qualify in NET JRF examination to get admission for the PhD course in top universities of India.
Since, you already have completed Master's degree in English with 57% marks, so I would advise you to go for PhD course instead of M.Phil course after qualifying NET JRF examination. After qualifying NET JRF examination, on the basis of your performance in the examination, you can take direct admission into India's top universities for PhD in English course.
24th October 2017, 08:56 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do M.Phil English from top universities in India? Can I do PhD directly if clear NET JRF exam?

M.Phil is not required for Ph.D admission, if you have JRF experience. Admission is available for masters degree candidates also, but you need to perform well in the interview stage.

Reputed universities favor those who are having excellent academics along with performance in the interview. Even any research experience like JRF will give you advantage over others.
24th October 2017, 10:51 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Since you have completed your Post Graduate course in English with 57% of marks in it, you can definitely apply for M.Phil in English.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in the relevant field from a recognized University scoring a minimum of 55% of marks in it can definitely apply for the M.Phil course in the same.
The eligible candidates then have to appear in the NET examination. Once after the completion of NET examination, candidates can apply for the M.Phil course.
Since you have completed your Masters degree course in English, I will prefer you to do Ph.D course directly after qualifying in the NET examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?