9th June 2015, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

Can Ph.D. programme be done with subjects like Arts, Sociology and Economics?

I want to know whether i can do Ph.D. in subjects like arts sociology economic?Please give nformation about registration process?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do M.Phil in chemistry from IGNOU through correspondence
  2. Can I do Ph.D in Sociology having completed Graduation in Commerce and M.A. in Sociology?
  3. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in HR after MBA(HR) in distance mode? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How can I apply to do PhD in Economics if secured 55% in M.A.? Advantages of doing PhD in Economics?
  5. How to do economics honors after passing 12th and humanities?
  6. Syllabus for Law and governance entrance test in JNU?
  7. How to get B.Com after passing 12th Arts?
  8. Can I do PhD again to become a Lecturer in Psychology from same university if completed PhD in Sociology?
  9. Best career option for me after 12th if I belong to arts stream with subjects like Political Science, Economics, Logic and Philosophy, Sociology, English and Alternative English?
  10. Which stream should I choose after 10th to pursue career in Fashion Designing and Interior Designing?
  11. Procedure to take admission in Ph.D programme in Economics?
  12. PhD in Medical Sociology and HIV/AIDS related subjects
  13. Colleges and guidelines for PhD Sociology?
  14. Does St. Xavier's college offer Geography Hons?
  15. Am I eligible for Delhi B.Ed Exam of this year having scored less than 55% in Graduation but more than 80% in MBE? Can I take Economics and Sociology as the study subjects in B.Ed as I am having English, Economics and Sociology subjects in Graduation
  16. Can I fill the forms for government jobs? I have done BSc in Physics
  17. Is it beneficial to study PhD in Economics for M.Sc(Economics) candidate?
  18. List of Universities offering M.Phil course in Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka?
11th June 2015, 04:37 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can Ph.D. programme be done with subjects like Arts, Sociology and Economics?

Yes, Ph.D in these subjects is very popular and many students opt for it. First of all you must have at least a post graduation degree with 55% marks from a recognized University. If you belong to reserved category then you will get 5% relaxation in marks. For registration as a Ph.D student you have to pass the screening test with interview which is mainly conducted by the institute or University concerned.

You have to get your research topics approved by your Ph.D guide and also you have to get it approved by the panel of the institution in which you have taken admission to get yourself registered for the research work. You should clear exams like NET/SLET/JRF/GATE if you want admission in a top institute or university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?