26th December 2014, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

Detailed information and eligibility to study Ph.D in Social Work for MSW postgraduate?

sir
i am nagendra from uttarakhand
i want to do phd in social work
i pass ba with history and msw
am i eligible give me detail about phd course....

1st January 2015, 11:46 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information and eligibility to study Ph.D in Social Work for MSW postgraduate?

If you have got 55% marks in your Master of Social Work then surely you can apply for Ph.D admission. The above mentioned percentage is the minimum percentage required for getting admission in a Ph.D program in India. Candidates who belong to SC/ST and Physically Handicapped can get relaxation of 5% marks.

You can also apply for UGC NET or SLET if you want to get admission in a top University. Most of the reputed Universities in India offer Ph.D admission on the basis of NET/SLET score and if you have got a excellent score then you can surely get admission in a top college.

29th May 2016, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Detailed information and eligibility to study Ph.D in Social Work for MSW postgraduate?

I want to complete my PhD in social work. I have 1st cls in msw from netaji subhas open university. How could I apply and where?

6th April 2022, 12:40 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

For being eligible for PhD programme, candidate must have completed postgraduation in social work with atleast 55% and above marks from a recognised board.

Apart from postgraduation, thay must have appeared for any National level entrance exam for PhD like
UGC NET
CSIR UGC NET
M.PHIL
SET
SLET
GATE etc
Admission is usually granted on the basis of entrance exam and personal interview.

Some of the universities that offer such course are
Delhi University
Loyola college
Banaras Hindu University
Rajagiri college of social science
Jawaharlal Nehru University
Tata Institute of Social science etc

Ine can apply online through the official website of college.

A MSW graduate can do PhD in psychology .

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?