23rd April 2015, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

Detailed information, registration procedure and pattern of JEST?

Hello,
Can you please give me the information about JEST?
Also tell me how I can register for JEST?
What is pattern of JEST?
Pleas reply to me asap.

Related Questions:
24th April 2015, 02:03 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information, registration procedure and pattern of JEST?

JEST is for those who want to get admission in Ph.D or Integrated Ph.D program in Physics or Theoretical Computer Sciences subject. You must have a Master's degree from Ph.D program and a relevant Bachelor degree for Integrated Ph.D program in the given field with at least 55% marks. For reserved category candidates there is relaxation of 5% marks.

Examination will be of 3 hours duration. The questions will be mainly from your Graduation and Post Graduation subjects. There will be total 50 questions. First part will have 25 questions of 1 mark each and second part will have 25 questions of 3 marks each. For registration you have to visit the JEST official website and apply when the notification is released. You have to apply through online procedure only. Just make sure you have a working email id before applying online.
24th April 2015, 05:19 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information, registration procedure and pattern of JEST?

JEST(Joint Entrance Screening Test) is an entrance exam to get admission in any of the following courses.

->Ph.D. Programme in Physics
->Theoretical Computer Science/Neuroscience/Computational Biology
->Integrated M.Sc. / M.Tech - Ph.D Programme
->Integrated M.Tech - Ph.D. Programme at IIA
->Integrated Ph.D. Programme at IISER, Thiruvananthapuram

You can visit the following link, to know the eligibility criteria for each and every course.
https://www.jest.org.in/eligibility

Application Procedure:-
You can apply for JEST exam by paying an Application Fee of Rs. 300 (Rs 150 for SC/ST applicants). You should pay the application fee through online by using State Bank of India i-collect facility. You can do so, by visiting following link.
https://www.onlinesbi.com/prelogin/icollecthome.htm
After paying the application fee, you will get a reference number, you can that reference number in Application Fee section of the JEST website and you can register for JEST exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?