23rd April 2015, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

Procedure and eligibility to apply in JEST for studying PhD in Physics?

Hello,
I want to do PhD in Physics.
Please tell me I must have to give
JEST? If yes, then what is the procedure
for applying in JEST? Also tell me the eligibility
criteria for applying JEST? I am about to complete my M.Sc.

24th April 2015, 01:54 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure and eligibility to apply in JEST for studying PhD in Physics?

For Ph.D in Physics you must have Master's degree in Physics with at least 55% marks from a recognized University to become eligible for JEST. There is relaxation of 5% marks for candidates who belong to reserved category. JEST is conducted for Ph.D and Integrated Ph.D admission in only two subjects which are Physics and Theoretical Computer Science. Therefore, you can surely apply for this exam.

You can apply for JEST through online application mode. You must have a valid email id to get yourself registered for JEST through their official website. You have to fill all the relevant details in the online application form and submit it online. Fee can be paid in online mode or bank challan.
24th April 2015, 03:45 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Procedure and eligibility to apply in JEST for studying PhD in Physics?

You are absolutely eligible to apply for JEST after completing M.Sc course. Minimum Educational Qualification to apply for this examination the candidate should have completed Master degree from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. There is no percentage bar to apply for this examination. JEST 2015 examination has been completed on 15th February. Next notification will be published in the month of December/January in the official website of JEST.

Procedure:

There is no offline mode of application forms. Only Online mode of application forms will be received. The application forms will be available at the time of notification. The cost of application form is Rs.300/- (Rs.150/- SC/ST candidates). Procedure to apply Online Application .

Eligibility:

Applicant should have completed M.Sc, M.E, M.Tech from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. Even B.E / B.Tech candidates may also apply but they should have completed B.E / B.Tech course from a reputed Institution. Final year of master degree may also apply. No percentage bar is there to apply for this examination.

I have attached the syllabus and sample question papers of JEST. I hope it is very useful for your exam point of you. More details, visit the official website: JEST
Attached Files
File Type: pdf JEST phys-sample-qp.pdf(161.3 KB, 352 views)
File Type: pdf JEST2015_syllabus.pdf(158.2 KB, 53 views)
24th April 2015, 05:18 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

You need to apply online in order to appear for JEST. The notification of JEST is expected to be released in the month of November and you need to apply before mid-December. The examination will be held in the month of February. The link of online application will be available here.

Eligibility criteria :-
You need to have B.Sc. or B.Tech or B.E or B.S degree to be eligible for Integrated PhD course.
You need to have M.Sc or M.Tech degree or M.S or M.E degree to be eligible for Phd course.

After the entrance exams, the concerned institutes will call students for interview based on the score in the entrance exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?