20th August 2016, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

Different career options after M.Sc or Ph.D in Microbiology and eligibility criteria to get admission in M.Sc?

I want to make my career in Microbiology. People say that it has very less scope. I am very confused and need your help in this regard. Please tell me what are the different career options after M.Sc or PhD in microbiology. How much percentage is required to get admission in M.Sc.? reply as soon as possible..

Related Questions:
  1. What other career options I have if I drop Ph.D? -- [New]
  2. Different career options after M.Sc or Ph.D in Microbiology and eligibility criteria to get admission in M.Sc?
  3. Which one has a better scope between MSC microbiology/MSC biochemistry/MSC biotechnology? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How to do Ph.D in Microbiology after completing MSc Microbiology?
  5. List of colleges offering Phd course after doing MSc Microbiology?
  6. What are different options after M.Sc or Ph.D in microbiology?
  7. What career option should I opt after completion of my B.Sc(In Microbiology)? Should I pursue M.Sc in microbiology?
  8. Eligibility criteria for appearing in JAM examination?
  9. Colleges providing Ph.D course after MSc in Microbiology in Hyderabad?
  10. What is the procedure to be followed for applying Ph.D Microbiology in Kerala?
  11. Career scope after M.Sc in microbiology?
  12. MSc Microbiology details required: Best Universities, papers, eligibility and dates o
  13. Agricultural colleges/Universities with eligibility criteria offering Ph.D programme for M.Sc(Microbiology) student? Is there any entrance exam for admission?
  14. What are the career options available after MSc Microbiology in government sector?
  15. What is the salary for MSc microbiology or Ph.D microbiology? What are the different career options after MSc or Ph.D in Microbiology
  16. Bangalore Colleges for MSc in microbiology? Admission criteria and procedure?
  17. How to take admission in Ph.D after doing MSc Microbiology?
  18. How should I join MSc as distance learning course? How to make a career as quality assurance?
27th August 2016, 02:27 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: Different career options after M.Sc or Ph.D in Microbiology and eligibility criteria to get admission in M.Sc?

After completing M.Sc and PhD in any particular subject, students have many options to choose so that they make their career best.
Out of many options, scientist and professor will be best option for any candidate as these posts are highly respected very well paid in our society.

After completing these degrees, you only need to qualify NET examination to become professor or scientist.
NET stands for National Eligibility Test. It is conducted twice in a year for JRF and Assistant Professor.
JRF stands for Junior Research Fellowship.

To appear in NET, candidate need to have completed their master degree from any recognized university with more than 55% marks.
For JRF, candidates must not have reached age of 28 years while no age restriction for Assistant Professor.
27th August 2016, 03:04 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Default Re: Different career options after M.Sc or Ph.D in Microbiology and eligibility criteria to get admission in M.Sc?

There are various career options in Master of Science (M.Sc) in Microbiology.you have the great scope in the job sector and you can join in the many biotech and medical companies like Kemp biotech, sipla, Ranbaxy etc.

After completion of M.sc in microbiology you can work as:-

• Quality Control
• Microbiology
• Microbiologist
• Research Officer Microbiology
• Demonstrator Lab Technician
• Chief Hygienist- Microbiology
• Assistance Professor- Microbiology

Eligibility criteria to get admission in M.Sc:-

**You should have completed B.Sc. under any registered University in respective subjects with two subjects combination among Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Medical Lab. Technology, Public Health, Nursing, Plant Protection, Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Human Genetics, Environmental Sciences, Home Science, Dairy Sciences, Fisheries, App. Nutrition, Nutrition and Dietetics, Agriculture and Horticulture or Forestry, B.Sc. Agriculture, B.Sc. Home Science in Science stream.

**The marks of admission for this course vary from University to University.
27th August 2016, 04:15 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Microbiology is a vast field and has lots of scope. Number of jobs exists in R&D as well as managerial tasks.

After doing MSc. MIcrobiology, you can join R&D department of any good Biotech company.
You can also join research programmes after clearing UGC or CSIR NET examination and further go for Phd.

You can do specialization in Clinical or Medical microbiology, Food microbiology etc, depending upon your interest.

You can get a chance in pharmaceuticals, in food industries, in breweries and in pathology labs.

After doing Phd in microbiology you can work as a Research Associate in the microbiology departments of various universities.

You can also join as Senior Research Fellows in various institutions like G.B. Plant University of Agriculture and Technology.

You can apply for the post of Assistant or Associate Professor in various colleges/universities which offers microbiology courses.

You can also join Centre for Cellular and MOlecular Biology as a research scientist. Central Drug Research Institute also offers the job of scientist to the candidates having PhD in Microbiology.

The eligibility criteria to get admission in Msc Microbiology is that, you have to score minimum 50% marks in aggregate, you have to pass B.Sc with at least one subject of Biological Sciences or BAMS or MBBS or BHMS or BPT or B.Pharm. Any other professional graduate degree from a recognized university, B.Sc with Physics and Chemistry optional.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?