3rd December 2016, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

What other career options I have if I drop Ph.D?

Hi All, I have completed MSc (microbiology). Did one year lectureship for MSC microbiology. Cleared CSIR JRF exam and joined for PhD. unfortunately the things didn't work out well. I want to drop PhD. What other career options I have?

5th December 2016, 01:29 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What other career options I have if I drop Ph.D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi All, I have completed MSc (microbiology). Did one year lectureship for MSC microbiology. Cleared CSIR JRF exam and joined for PhD. unfortunately the things didn't work out well. I want to drop PhD. What other career options I have?

You can pursue your career in various organizations in the government and private sector after quitting PhD. There are more jobs available for the post graduates in your field or in other field also like banking jobs, civil services, staff selection commission, faculty jobs in teaching institutions etc. The postgraduates are eligible for the NET examination; if you clear the NET then you are eligible for the Lecturer post. There are also various jobs in the government sector for the graduates; you have to appear for the written test and interview for the selection.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?