11th August 2015, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

Does IGNOU offer PhD in Computer Applications to MCA candidate?

Respected Sir,
I want to apply for PhD in Computer Application course in IGNOU. I want to know that IGNOU is providing this course? I am doing MCA right now.

13th August 2015, 06:01 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does IGNOU offer PhD in Computer Applications to MCA candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,
I want to apply for PhD in Computer Application course in IGNOU. I want to know that IGNOU is providing this course? I am doing MCA right now.
Yes, IGNOU provided Ph.D course in Computer Application. You have completed MCA degree so you are eligible for Ph.D from IGNOU.

Eligibility criteria for Ph.D course in IGNOU:-

Candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D course. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There is no age criteria.
13th August 2015, 08:52 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, IGNOU offers distance mode PH.D in computer applications. If you have MCA with 55% marks then you can surely apply for admission without any doubt. There is relaxation of 5% marks for candidates who belong to reserved category.

You have to appear for exam and interview. If you have score like NET/SET/GATE/JRF then you will be exempted from entrance exam.
1st July 2019, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

Tell me that when is the entrance exam for Ph.D in computer science from IGNOU for the year 2020?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?