6th January 2018, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for admission in PhD Psychology in JNU?

What is the eligibility for admission in PhD in psychology in JNU? Is NET exam is compulsory for admission in PhD. Please, clarify at the earliest.

6th January 2018, 07:48 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for admission in PhD Psychology in JNU?

Eligibility Criteria for getting admission into PhD in Psychology in JNU:

In order to be eligible for pursuing PhD in Psychology from Jawaharlal Nehru University, you must meet the below mentioned eligibility criteria.

>> Candidates must have valid score of must have qualified for the fellowship in order to be eligible of,
@ CSIR/ UGC National Eligibility Test JRF
@ DBT JRF
@ ICMT JRF ..etc.,

>> Or else, you are required to appear in separate entrance examination that is conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru University in order to be eligible.

>> Hence, qualifying NET examination is not mandatory for getting admission into PhD in Psychology course from JNU. Instead, you are required to qualify in entrance examination that is conducted by JNU itself in order to be eligible.

Click here for More Details
6th January 2018, 11:36 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely valid NET scorecard is required in order to pursue Ph.D course in Psychology from JNU.

Below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria to do Ph.D in Psychology from JNU, just have a look over it.

Eligibility criteria to do Ph.D in Psychology:-

Candidates must have completed their Master's degree in Psychology from a recognized University.
Candidates must have scored at least 55% of marks in Master's degree.
Candidates must have a valid NET scorecard.
7th January 2018, 01:01 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that JNU does not offer admission in PhD Psychology. There are other PhD programs available at JNU. However, in order to pursue PhD Psychology you should have completed your master's degree in the relevant discipline with minimum 60% marks from a recognized university. Most of the institutes conduct their own entrance examinations to select the eligible candidates. Those who have qualified NET examination will be exempted from the entrance examination and will get admission directly after the interview.
7th January 2018, 02:27 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

In order to be eligible for PhD in Psychology in JNU, you must have completed master's degree in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university. Yes NET examination is compulsory to get admission for PhD course. Those candidates who qualify in NET exam are exempted from any other entrance exams required to get admission for PhD course.
7th November 2018, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my Master's degree in English education from Tribhuvan University Nepal. I wish to pursue Ph.D. in counseling psychology so can you please ask me what are the procedures to get Ph.D. from my home study (self-study)
7th January 2021, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

I have done masters in personnel management,and school psychology diploma from. pune University.
Working as counsellor past 15 years.
Can I do PhD in psychology
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?