26th October 2017, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria to get admission in JNU for PhD in Computer & Systems Sciences? How much stipend I can get during PhD?

Sir, I am in final year of MS in Computer Science and now wan to do PhD in Computer & Systems Sciences from JNU. Please tell me eligibility criteria to get admission? How much stipend I can get during PhD?

Related Questions:
  1. How much stipend will be offered to me in JNU for PhD(Physics) course?
  2. Eligibility criteria to get admission in PhD in Labor and Social Work in DU and JNU? How much stipend I can get?
  3. Can I get stipend to study PhD(Atmospheric Sciences) in Amity University, Gurgaon?
  4. JNU offer PhD in Computer Science course to M.Tech(CSE) candidate? Detailed information about JNU PhD entrance exam?
  5. Detailed information and eligibility to study PhD in English in JNU?
  6. What is the eligibility criteria to get stipend in doing Ph.D?
  7. Eligibility for admission in PhD Psychology in JNU?
  8. Can I get stipend to study PhD(Biological Sciences) in Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore?
  9. List of subjects available to study in PhD in JNU? Rank of JNU for PhD course?
  10. List of universities which offer PhD in Computer Applications with stipend in India? Eligibility to apply for M.Sc postgraduate?
  11. Does JNU offer PhD in Social Sciences?
  12. Phd Admission after M.Phil with 50% marks? Stipend possibilities? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Best university in between DU and JNU for PhD in Sociology? Eligibility criteria and procedure to get admission?
  14. Does JNU offer PhD in Biotechnology course? Admission procedure and eligibility to study?
  15. Andhra University has reduced the stipend for PhD students? How much stipend will be given to PhD students?
  16. Do the Delhi University and JNU provide integrated M.Sc & PhD course? Eligibility criteria and requirements for it?
  17. Can I get stipend to study PhD(Disciplines of Forensic Sciences) in Dr. Hari Singh Gour University? -- [New]
  18. Eligibility to get PhD (Drawing & Painting) admission in Indian universities for an Iranian?
27th October 2017, 11:31 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria to get admission in JNU for PhD in Computer & Systems Sciences? How much stipend I can get during PhD?

For stipend you need to first get admission in Ph.D and then apply for it on a prescribed format. UGC is responsible for stipends and grants for research scholars.

Hence, just make sure you get admission at a reputed university. If you have good academic record, then surely you will get the stipend.
28th October 2017, 02:10 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria to get admission in JNU for PhD in Computer & Systems Sciences? How much stipend I can get during PhD?

It is very good that you want to pursue Ph.D course after the completion of your MS course. Below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria to do Ph.D in Computer and Systems Sciences from JNU, just have a look over it.

Eligibility criteria to do Ph.D in Computer and Systems Sciences:-

Candidates must have completed their Master's degree in Computer Science field or in any relevant field from a recognized University.
Candidates must have scored at least 55% of marks in Master's degree course.
Candidates must have a valid NET scorecard. Admission is based on the marks scored in the entrance examination.

You can expect an amount of Rs. 15000/- to Rs. 25000/- as a stipend during your course.
28th October 2017, 08:16 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to get admission in JNU for PhD in Computer and Systems Sciences:

In order to be eligible you must have Master's Degree or M.Tech or M.Phil with minimum 55% marks. Or else, you must have done Master's Degree or B.E/ B.Tech with 55% marks or equivalent Grade B in UGC 7 point scale. There will be a relaxation for SC/ ST/ OBC category candidates as per UGC Regulations 2016.

Besides this, PG holders of AYUSH related subjects are also eligible to apply for this PhD in Computer and Systems Sciences course at JNU. The stipend that is given for candidates during research would be around Rs.25,000/- per month.

I am providing you very important links, where you may find course details and they are as follows.

Click here for Prospectus

Click here for Syllabus
28th October 2017, 11:51 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Those candidates who have completed masters degree in Computer Science discipline with a minimum of 55% marks, are eligible to do PhD in the relevant discipline from JNU.
In order to take admission into JNU to pursue PhD in Computer & System Sciences, you must have to appear and qualify in UGC NET/CSIR entrance examination. After qualifying in the above said examination, you can take admission in JNU to pursue PhD course.
However, JNU conducts its own entrance test i.e. JNUEE (Jawaharlal Nehru Entrance Exam) for PhD/MPhil courses but those candidates who have qualifies UGC NET/CSIR examination are exempted from JNUEE exam.
After getting admission into PhD course in JNU, you can expect a minimum amount of Rs.15000/ to Rs.25000/ as stipend based upon your research works.
29th October 2017, 05:30 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am in final year of MS in Computer Science and now wan to do PhD in Computer & Systems Sciences from JNU. Please tell me eligibility criteria to get admission? How much stipend I can get during PhD?
Those candidates who have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam in JNU. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There are no age criteria.

You can get stipend in JNU for Ph.D curse is above 25,000/-.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?