11th March 2018, 11:11 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to pursue PhD in Health Psychology for Psychology postgraduate?

Sir, I am studying Master’s in Psychology. This is my final year. I have a query that after my postgraduation, I can study PhD in Health Psychology? Is it possible for me?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it beneficial to study PhD in Clinical Psychology for a postgraduate?
  2. Am I eligible to study PhD in Psychology on Diploma basis being an MBA(HR) postgraduate?
  3. Am I eligible to apply for PhD(Clinical Psychology) if completed Masters in Psychology?
  4. M.Sc in Psychology is possible after B.A. in Psychology?
  5. Is it beneficial to study Psychology in Graduation to become a Clinical Psychologist? Differences among Bachelor's in Psychology and Psychology Honours?
  6. Can I study M.A.(Psychology) being a B.Ed holder? Is it possible to do PhD after completion of M.A.?
  7. List of colleges to apply for PhD in Psychology with complete admission details?
  8. Eligibility for PhD in Psychology?
  9. Eligibility for admission in PhD Psychology in JNU?
  10. What are the perquisites for PhD in Clinical Psychology?
  11. How to do M.A. in psychology after graduation in B.B.A.? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Can I pursue M.Sc in Psychology after completing B.Sc in Biology?
  13. Eligibility to study PhD(Clinical Psychology) for MSW postgraduate with 4 years of Counselor experience? -- [New]
  14. In which subject I should do PhD being a Psychology postgraduate and Diploma holder in Clinical Psychology?
  15. Could I join M.Sc in educational psychology after B.Sc in physics?
  16. How and where I can pursue Ph.d in Psychology after completion of Post graduation in Psychology?
  17. Eligibility criteria and procedure to do PhD in Psychology & Mental Health from top college under Delhi University and JNU?
  18. Can a candidate do Master's and PhD in Psychology after completion of B.Com? List of colleges/universities offering Integrated PhD in Psychology in Bangalore/Mysore?
24th April 2018, 10:58 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to pursue PhD in Health Psychology for Psychology postgraduate?

I am very much happy to tell you that definitely you are eligible to pursue PhD in Health Psychology as you have studied Psychology as a subject in your Post Graduation.
Candidates those who have completed their Post Graduation in Psychology from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in Health Psychology.
25th April 2018, 09:51 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to pursue PhD in Health Psychology for Psychology postgraduate?

Eligibility Criteria Required to pursue PhD in Health Psychology course:

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you are certainly eligible after successful completion of Master's Degree in Psychology course. Basically there is a certain educational qualification required to be eligible.

>> Candidates must have completed their "Post Graduation" or Master's Degree in relevant subject from a recognized university with minimum 50% marks.

>> As you are doing Master's in Psychology course which is a relevant to stream that you are willing to pursue, I can say that you are eligible to pursue this course.

>> Besides meeting this criteria, you are required to appear in an entrance examination that is conducted by the respective university, or some national entrance examinations.

>> Hence, selection is done on the basis of the marks secured in entrance examination for getting admission into doctoral program.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?