12th January 2016, 09:16 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for Ph.D in psychology after B.Tech?

I am currently perceiving my B.Tech 4th year right now. After this I am interested in doing psychology, Am I eligible for it, and if so from where should I start from, I mean can I directly go for pg level and Ph.D or is it compulsory to complete BA and then pg and Ph.D?

13th January 2016, 01:04 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for Ph.D in psychology after B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am currently perceiving my B.Tech 4th year right now. After this I am interested in doing psychology, Am I eligible for it, and if so from where should I start from, I mean can I directly go for pg level and Ph.D or is it compulsory to complete BA and then pg and Ph.D?
No, after completion of B.Tech degree you are not eligible for Ph.D in psychology. Masters in psychology candidates are eligible for Ph.D in psychology.

Eligibility criteria for Ph.D course:-

If you have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university then you are eligible for Ph.D course.

There is no age criteria.
13th January 2016, 07:24 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

B.Tech graduates can't apply for psychology PH.D programme. You can only go for your stream only or its related field. For psychology field you need to complete at least post graduation in the same subject.

There isn't any other way of entering the field in India because most of the universities have an eligibility criteria which you have to meet before admission.
13th January 2016, 11:31 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Candidate have to first pursue post graduation and then only he/she can apply for PhD in Psychology. Candidate have to study psychology as main subject in graduation in order to get admission in Master degree in psychology.

Eligibility :
Candidate must have passed Masters degree in Psychology from any recognised university.
Candidate must have secured more than 55% marks in Masters degree.
There is no age bar.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?