18th November 2017, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

Is it good to do PhD and research in Nanotechnology field?

I have completed B.Tech in Electronics and Communication and M.Tech course in Nanotechnology and secured third rank in SRM University, Chennai. I am interested in research field related to Nanotechnology. Please advise me for PhD?

20th November 2017, 11:28 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it good to do PhD and research in Nanotechnology field?

It will be very beneficial for you if you go for the PhD in Nanotechnology after Mtech in nanotechnology. It will add a boost to your career. You will become eligible for the reputed top level posts in the Nanotechnology field after completing Phd in Nanotechnology.

IITs are also providing Phd Course in Nanotechnology but for that you have to clear GATE or UGC NET, GPAT, SLAT etc similar exams. However you can also take admission in several other Colleges after applying and passing their individual written test.

You can check the list of best Colleges for nanontechnology here
20th November 2017, 10:07 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it good to do PhD and research in Nanotechnology field?

Since, you have completed your M.Tech course in Nanotechnology, it will be really beneficial for you to opt for Ph.D course in the field of Nanotechnology.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in the field of Nanotechnology from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in the same. Admission is based on the marks scored in the NET examination.
After the Ph.D degree, you can apply in fields like:-
  • Space Research
  • Forensic Sciences
  • Nanotechnology Research and Field
  • Environmental Industry
  • Communication and Media
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?