12th September 2017, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

List of universities to do PhD after M.Sc Zoology? Can I do PhD from Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh?

I am from Kerala and have done M.Sc in Zoology from Mumbai University. Now I wish to do M.Phil and PhD from other universities. Suggest me universities and admission procedure for the same? Can I do PhD from Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh?

15th September 2017, 10:28 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: List of universities to do PhD after M.Sc Zoology? Can I do PhD from Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh?

Those candidates who have completed M.Sc Zoology with a minimum of 55% marks from any recognized university, are eligible for PhD in the relevant discipline.
Eligible candidates have to appear in UGC-NET/CSIR JRF/GATE/GPAT entrance examination which are conducted by the University Grant Commission every year. Qualifying in the aforesaid examination, candidates can take admission into their desired colleges for various PhD courses.
Below I have listed some names of Universities which offer PhD in Zoology:
>Osmania University
Address: Osmania University Main Rd, Amberpet, Hyderabad, Telangana 500007
Phone: 040 2768 2444
>University Of Allahabad
Address: Senate House, Central University of, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh 211002
Phone: 0532 246 1083
>University of Delhi
Address: Benito Juarez Rd, South Campus, South Moti Bagh, South Campus, South Moti Bagh, New Delhi, Delhi 110021
Phone: 011 2700 6900
>Loyola College, Chennai
Address: Sterling Road, Near Nungambakkam Railway Station, Nungambakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600034
Phone: 044 2817 8200
>Madras Christian College
Address: Tambaram, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600045
Phone: 044 2239 0675
>Punjabi University
Address: NH 64, Urban Estate Phase II, Patiala District, Patiala, Punjab 147002
Phone: 0175 304 6366
Yes can do PhD in Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh.
The candidates seeking admission to PhD courses of this college have to appear and qualify PGIMER Entrance Exam which is conducted by the university itself. Those candidates who already have qualified UGC/CSIR-NET/JRF are exempted from PGIMER Entrance Exam. The final selection for admission will be done through interview.
Eligibility criteria for PhD in Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh:
>Those candidates who have passed M.Sc with a minimum of 60% marks in Veterinary Science, Laboratory Technology, Physiology, Biochemistry, Human Biology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Life Sciences including Botany, Zoology, Genetics, Cell biology, Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Organic Chemistry, subjects from any UGC recognized university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?