22nd July 2015, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to study M.Phil for doing PhD in Physics?

Respected Sir,
I am doing M.Sc in Physics. Am I eligible to do PhD in Physics after my M.Sc? I have heard that I have to study M.Phil before PhD. Is it true?

23rd July 2015, 10:52 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to study M.Phil for doing PhD in Physics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,
I am doing M.Sc in Physics. Am I eligible to do PhD in Physics after my M.Sc? I have heard that I have to study M.Phil before PhD. Is it true?
No, M.Phil is not necessary for Ph.D course. You are doing M.Sc in Physics so after completion of M.Sc degree you are eligible for Ph.D course but you should qualify in CSIR NET exam.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for CSIR NET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Your age should be below 28 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?