29th August 2014, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

Path to travel after 12th to get admission in PhD Space Science?

I am studying in 12th sci , can you guide me that how i can get phd in space science . And also the minimum marks in jee main exams.....let me know the path i will have to travel

14th September 2014, 05:01 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Path to travel after 12th to get admission in PhD Space Science?

First of all you have to pass 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Maths with excellent marks from a recognized board of education. The next step is to pass JEE Main and Advance with top class marks. The merit for admission in top space science colleges in based on the score you obtain in the JEE Main and Advance. Your 10+2 marks are also counted in JEE, so make sure that you have got good marks in 10+2.

The best options for you will be IISER, if you are really interested in Ph.D in Space Science. IISER offers an integrated course for bright students who want to enter rsearch field in science.

Admission in IISER is based on the score obtained in JEE main and advanced. Also admission can be availed through KVPY and IISER aptitude test.

If you are not able to get admission in IISER, then you can apply for some other good institute in space science subject. After completing Degree and Post Graduation in Space Science, you have to clear exams like CSIR NET/GATE for getting admission in top space science colleges for Ph.D programme. Most of the top Universities utilize CSIR NET/ GATE score for giving admission in Ph.D course.

You also have option to pursue Space science studies from foreign universities. The admission process is quite simple these days and you must have a good academic record for getting admission in foreign universities.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?