24th April 2011, 03:05 PM
asha_hagargund

Which entrance test should I attend if I am looking for a lecturer job at government or aided colleges? What is the procedure to get the lecturer job?

I am an M.Tech graduate. Looking for a lecturer job at government or aided colleges. Please tell me, which entrance test i should attend or what is the procedure to get lecturer job?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the procedure to follow to get the Government job of lecturer in Fashion designing?
  2. How to get a lecturer job in private and government colleges?
  3. Eligibility criteria for Job as Lecturer in Government Polytechnic college? Procedure to apply?
  4. Eligibility criteria for Job as Lecturer in Government Polytechnic college and Procedure to apply?
  5. Eligibility criteria for jobs as a lecturer in Government Polytechnic college and application procedure for the same? -- [New]
  6. Eligibility criteria for Job as Lecturer in Government Polytechnic college? Procedure to apply for Lecturer vacancies in Government Polytechnic Colleges? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. How to get Lecturer jobs in Government colleges having completed M.Tech?
  8. Is it a good idea to do a job as a lecturer in Government Polytechnic Colleges in Delhi? How to apply and what are the requirements to become a lecturer in Polytechnic colleges?
  9. What is the procedure followed to get a government lecturer job?
  10. Whether M.Phil Degree holder of year 1990 is eligible for Lecturership or not?
  11. How can i get a job as a Lecturer in Kerala GEC?
  12. Procedure to be followed to get Lecturer job in government polytechnic college?
  13. List lecturer job options under government sector for BE degree holders?
  14. How may I get a lecturer job in engineering colleges in Lucknow? Provide list of all private and government engineering colleges in Lucknow
  15. Can I apply for a job of lecturer in management colleges after doing MBA correspondence?
  16. What is the procedure followed for applying lecturer job in government polytechnic college?
  17. What is the procedure followed to get a lecturer job in private polytechnic colleges?
  18. How to get Computer Science lecturer job in Government Engineering colleges? Minimum required qualification?

1st June 2011, 09:08 AM
Neenubaby
Member+

Default Re: Which entrance test should I attend if I am looking for a lecturer job at government or aided colleges? What is the procedure to get the lecturer job?

Hi Asha,

If you are interested in lecturer post in all India level, you should pass National Eligibility Test(NET)

If you are interested in lecturer post in state level,you should pass States conducting test (SLET)

Eligibility for Lectureship:
You have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Masters Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by UGC in your subject.
Qualify the Test for eligibility for Lectureship will be governed by the rules and regulations for recruitment of Lecturers of the concerned universities/colleges/state governments, as the case may be.
Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Visually Handicapped (VH)/Physically Handicapped (PH) will be given such special concessions as may be decided by the Commission.

All the best.

16th June 2011, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which entrance test should I attend if I am looking for a lecturer job at government or aided colleges? What is the procedure to get the lecturer job?

Me Naveed ,is PhD holder eligible for the teaching at higher eduction level?

19th September 2011, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

could anyone tell how much percentage of marks is required in NET exams to get into the anna unversity lecturer job?

1st October 2011, 09:42 AM
Unregistered

what is the eligibility and procedure to apply for a post of lecturer?????????

3rd November 2011, 10:45 PM
Unregistered

I am a post graduate in commerce, i have qualified the 'SET' conducted by the kerala govt. in 2007. whether i can apply for the lecturer post in aided colleges in kerala ?
by Remya

26th December 2011, 09:40 AM
Unregistered

I HAVE 55% MARK IN MA (HISTORY). IF ANY TEACHING EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO BECOME LECTURER. I HAVE ALREADY CLEARED NET EXAM

14th July 2012, 11:15 PM
Unregistered

I have 73% in B.Com and just 48% in M.com from Calicut University, Kerala. I also passed M.Phil Commerce with 59% (Madurai Kamaraj University). Is there any possibility for me to write SET Exam or NET exam? OR is M.Phil is enough for me to get into a college as a lecturer? Please tell me what is the mark required in M.Com and is there any age bar to write the SET or NET exam?

2nd February 2013, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

hie i m Chandravrat saraswat,
I want to become a lecturer in govt college and I have completed my btech(mechanical branch) and mtech(automobile branch)..with an aggregate of 65%. plz suggest me how to become a lecturer in govt college????????.................

3rd February 2013, 10:47 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Since you have completed M.Tech the option for government lecturer job is National Eligibility Test. The NET entrance exam is conducted for lectureship as well JRF. Therefore you will have to clear the National Eligibility Test.

University Grants Commission conducts this entrance exam. It is a bi-yearly entrance exam which is first conducted in June and second time in December. The details of the exam are made available on the official website of University Grants Commission (UGC).

An M.Tech graduate also has the option to apply for lecturer job in private colleges. Generally candidates complete M.Tech for lecturer job. The private engieering colleges will definitely offer you the job depending on how much marks you have obtained. The salary in the private college would be far better than the government college.

However you are entitled to appear for National Eligibility Test. Please check the criteria below to ensure that you are eligible for this entrance exam.

Eligibility

1. You should be citizen of India.

2. Post graduation degree in any discipline.

3. The percentage criteria is 55%.

4. SC and ST need 50%.

5. Final year candidates are also welcome to apply.

6. Must select NET subject which is relevant to your PG course.

7. There is no limit on attempts.

Age Limit

For JRF:

28 years for General candidate

31 years for OBC.

33 years for SC and ST.

For Lectureship:

There is no upper age limit.

9th April 2013, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

Hi I am pursuing MA English through IGNOU.My dream is to become a government lecturer in Andhra pradesh Colleges.So please give information how can i become a lecturer?

19th April 2013, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

some of the exam

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?