28th November 2011, 09:48 PM
Naam..

Is Ph.d equivalent to NET? How can I get a government job?

I m a phd holder. Working as a guest lecturer & salary is Rs.8000 pm. Is the phd equivalent to NET? How Can i get govt job?

Related Questions:
  1. After MA what is the eligibility to do PhD? Age limit for Lecturer job in government school?
  2. Where should I go once completing my PG in English
  3. Way to do PhD in HR while doing government job?
  4. Jobs for female candidates after completing M.Sc. (Organic Chemistry) course?
  5. Is NET mandatory for PhD? Which books to refer for NET? Best university for PhD in Commerce?
  6. Is it possible to do part time PhD after qualifying UGC-NET for Lectureship? Whether Government universities has more value? Course duration of PhD and JRF?
  7. PhD degree is equivalent to research experience?
  8. What should I do if I wanted to Ph.D course right after having 40 years of Government job experience?
  9. How can I study PhD being a 42 years old Government employee and post graduate in Commerce?
  10. What should I go for first between Ph.D and Lectureship? Name some institutes for pursing Ph.D with lecturer job.
  11. Which is better PhD in Biotechnology or joining any industry to gain experience?
  12. Is there any government job for MBa Finance holder where PhD is sponsored?
  13. Is it necessary to appear in CSIR-UGC-NET to study PhD in Mathematics? List of colleges which offer PhD in Mathematics without NET?
  14. Minimum marks required in MA to study PhD? Job in government college is possible after PhD?
  15. Which has more value among - M.Phil or NET qualification? -- [New]
  16. Is it possible to get job in Government colleges after completion of PhD? Minimum marks required in M.Com?
  17. Is it necessary to clear NET Exam for doing PhD in India? NET exam can be skipped by pursuing M.Phil?
  18. Job opportunities after completing PhD in Environmental science (Senior research fellowship)?
22nd December 2011, 10:18 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Ph.d equivalent to NET? How can I get a government job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naam.. View Post
I m a phd holder. Working as a guest lecturer & salary is Rs.8000 pm. Is the phd equivalent to NET? How Can i get govt job?
As per the UGC guidelines, Phd is not treated equivalent to National Eligibility Test, hence, if you want to join colleges and universities as assistant lecturer or lecturer, you will have to qualify the test conducted by University Grant Commission.
So, whether you have done your masters or have done Phd., National Eligibility Test is must to be considered eligible for appointment in colleges and universities approved by government body.
To take the test, you must have qualified masters degree program with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university.
There is no age limit to apply for this test and therefore, can be taken anytime.
24th January 2012, 11:06 AM
Unregistered

Job options after completing MSc in Herbal Science from Mumbai University?
24th January 2012, 11:07 AM
Unregistered

Job options after completing MSc in Herbal Science from Mumbai University
24th January 2012, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

Hi, i wanted to know about the scholarships when pursuing phd and also part time phd offering colleges and universities in mumbai and pune. Thanks. Farhana
24th January 2012, 11:33 AM
FPoonawala

Hi, i wanted to know about the scholarship when pursuing phd in Herbal Science and also list of colleges and universities offering part time phd in mumbai and pune. Also could u please confirm about any entrance exam before starting with phd? Thanks Farhana
27th August 2012, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

I have cleared net. am i eligible to pursue ph.d? and if yes then how?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?