13th December 2012, 04:14 PM
janu r

How to work in government college(Lecturer) after completing B.Tech IT with 8.1 CGPA

sir i complete B.Tech(IT) with 8.1CGPA.i like to work i government colleges(lecturer) and i didn't have any experience.if any exam to get the govt.lecturer post and also need any experience.pls tell me.

14th December 2012, 04:38 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to work in government college(Lecturer) after completing B.Tech IT with 8.1 CGPA

To become government college lecturer, you must first complete post graduation. Government colleges do not accept lecturer with graduation degree, even if its Bachelor of Technology. Therefore what you should do is pursue post graduation.

You will have plenty of options. M.Tech would be the most obvious choice but you can also go for MBA or MCA. It purely depends on you. But it is necessary that you have completed a post graduation degree.

After completing PG, you can appear for National Eligibility Test (NET) which is conducted by the University Grants Commission for college lectureship in government colleges. It would be mandatory to clear this entrance exam.

The NET exam is conducted two times in a year. First time in June and second time in December. You can also appear for NET while in the final year of post graduation.

Eligibility

1. You should be of Indian origin.

2. A post graduation degree in any discipline.

3. At least 55 percent marks in post graduation.

4. SC/ST need minimum of 50 percent marks in post graduation.

5. Final year students of post graduation can also apply.

6. Final year students would require to submit their degree within 2 years of clearing NET Exam.

7. There is no limit on number of attempts.

Age Limit

1 For JRF the age limit is 28 years.

2. There is no upper age limit for lectureship.
23rd June 2013, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to work in government college(Lecturer) after completing B.Tech IT with 8.1 CGPA

I have a CGPA of above 8 on a 10 point scale in MCA. My university doesn't award percentage marks. Am I eligible for appearing in UGC NET ?????
2nd October 2013, 12:34 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I have completed my MCA in the yr 2013,i am trying for government college(lecturer),wat should i do?
3rd October 2013, 07:16 PM
seethalakshmi.R

U have to do any master degree u wish first of all like M.Tech IT,MCA,ME etc.,

Then u have to clear the UGC-NET Exams for lecturership,CSIR or similar tests accredited by the UGC. The State level test SLET is for appointments within the state.

You have to be of less than 28 years and should have scored marks not less than 55% in your PG.
3rd October 2013, 08:27 PM
ramajb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I have completed my MCA in the yr 2013,i am trying for government college(lecturer),wat should i do?
The candidates who want to get in to the academic areas in the government sector can enter only through the government competitive examinations. In case of the lecture posts, the candidates have to attend the NET exam to apply for these posts. The NET exam is conducted by the UGC. This is a competitive examination which is held in the country for government lecture positions. The candidates need to prepare thoroughly for attending this exam’s as the level of competition is very high. Following criteria’s must be fulfilled before attending the NET exams –

The candidates should have a post graduation degree in any discipline. The candidates should secure the post graduation from a recognized university or college under the UGC.
The candidates should secure around 55% of marks in the post graduation level. There are relaxations in case of the reserved categories such as the SC/ST and other categories.
The final year post graduates can also apply. The candidates will be admitted provisionally only. The candidates will be considered or the lecture post will be made permanent only after their result comes in and they fulfill all the above mentioned criteria’s.

There is no upper age limit for lectureship under the UGC scale. Those who qualify in the written exam will called in for the personal interview. You can get the exam alerts from the official site of UGC.

Source: Which exams to answer to become a lecturer in government colleges while doing M.E? How can I get the alerts? | Government Jobs http://governmentjobsalerts.com/exams-answer-become-lecturer-government-colleges-while-doing-m-e-how-can-i-get-alerts-8956.html#ixzz2gfBecyMM
21st March 2014, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my btech in2008 and now want to apply for lecturer job
30th May 2017, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am waiting for the result of last semester B.tech in IT of CUSAT. I am interested in teaching. This year itself any opportunity on teaching in any polytechnic or ITI?
18th September 2018, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

Hi Sir/Madam, My name is Kirandeep. I'm a B.tech_(CSE) holder. Currently i am working in Wipro Technologies. I want to join a Government Department as an Lecturer. Can i eligible for NET exam? what is the procedure of working as an lecturer for me?

Thanks & Regards,
Kirandeep
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?