14th March 2015, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

PhD in Physics is possible without Master degree?

Can I do phd in physics without having master degree In any Indian institute par time? I want to do phd without master degree

Related Questions:
  1. List of institutions offering B.Tech course in nuclear physics? What's the future prospective of this course?
  2. Going through engineering way rather science is acceptable for PhD inn Physics
  3. Criteria for joining integrated phd (astro physics)? Colleges for integrated phd (astro physics) in Bangalore?
  4. List of institutes in India offering B.Tech in nuclear physics? What is its scope in India and abroad?
  5. How may I apply for PhD in USA, Germany, Norway after completing masters in plasma and particle physics?
  6. How can I apply to study PhD if completed M.Sc in Atomic & Molecular Physics?
  7. Is PhD possible without master?
  8. In which field should I do Ph.D after doing degree in CSE and Masters in MEM?
  9. Is it possible to do PhD in English Literature if did M.A. 21 years back?
  10. Best colleges for MS in Germany? How much rank required to get full scholarship? What is the total expenditure?
  11. Regular master degree is important to do PhD from IGNOU or other university? Criteria and fee structure to do PhD?
  12. How to start career in the field of research? Entry criteria and scope?
  13. What should I take in my 11th standard so that I could become an Astronaut in future? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Eligibility criteria for PhD in Mathematics after MCA?
  15. Procedure to get admission to study PhD in Physics at Mumbai University for a candidate who has completed M.Phil and B.Ed from Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam?
  16. What are the best Ph.D course to take after BDS and Master and Hospital Administration?
  17. Ph.D degree after completing Master Degree in Dentistry?
  18. Is it necessary to pursue M.A.(Astrology) for admission in Ph.D in Astrology programme?
26th March 2015, 09:20 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: PhD in Physics is possible without Master degree?

It is not possible without a Master's degree in India. You must have a Master's degree with at least 55% marks from a recognized University, then only you can get admission. This criteria is set by UGC and there are only a few autonomous Institutes like IITs which offer Ph.D admission to Bachelor degree holders with exceptional academic record.

Therefore, the best way to get admission in India is get admission in Master's degree and clear exams like NET/SLET/JRF. You can also apply for other Ph.D entrance exams after completion of Master's degree which are conducted by individual universities.
30th March 2015, 04:09 PM
Devdatta Divekar

I don't think you can do Phd without having a master's degree as it is mandatory. You will have to complete your MS degree with 55% marks to get admission for the course. However, in the US Phd degree does not require MS degree.
11th July 2015, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

I am doing diploma in electronics engineering. I want to be a space scientist, which branch is suitable for me? Can anyone suggest me?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?