24th October 2015, 01:33 AM
Unregistered

Possibility to study PhD without M.Phil for English Literature postgraduate? List good universities with admission procedure?

Hello Everyone,
I have completed my Post Graduation in English Literature and would like to go for PhD without pursuing M.Phil. Is this possible? If so which are the good universities for doing it and what is the procedure?

Related Questions:
  1. Admission procedure to study PhD in English Literature in UK for M.A. postgraduate?
  2. Detailed information about PhD in English Language and English Literature for an English postgraduate? Possibility to do PhD in Management?
  3. Admission procedure to study PhD in English Literature in Ranchi University for M.A. postgraduate?
  4. Procedure to do PhD in UK for English Literature postgraduate?
  5. List of colleges which offer PhD in English Literature in UK? Procedure to get admission?
  6. Can I become a Lecturer if study PhD in Management being a MBA and M.A.(English Literature) postgraduate?
  7. Admission procedure to study PhD in English Literature in Oxford University for B.A.(English) candidate?
  8. List of good universities providing MA program in English literature? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Admission procedure to study PhD in English in Calicut University for M.A. postgraduate?
  10. How can I get admission to study PhD in English being a M.A. and B.Ed postgraduate?
  11. Procedure to get admission to study PhD in Physics at Mumbai University for a candidate who has completed M.Phil and B.Ed from Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam?
  12. List of Open Universities which offer PhD in English Literature in India? Detailed information, course duration and fee structure?
  13. Admission procedure to study PhD(Physics) in Mumbai University for M.Phil postgraduate of Kerala? Possibility to get direct admission?
  14. Can I study PhD in English if having 23 years of Teaching experience? List of Universities in Karnataka?
  15. List of top 10 Indian Universities for pursuing masters in English literature?
  16. List of colleges which offer PhD in English Literature in India? Entrance exam to get admission?
  17. Top 5 universities in world for PhD in English Literature
  18. In which country I should pursue M.A. and PhD(English Literature) in Abroad?
9th June 2016, 09:36 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Possibility to study PhD without M.Phil for English Literature postgraduate? List good universities with admission procedure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Everyone,
I have completed my Post Graduation in English Literature and would like to go for PhD without pursuing M.Phil. Is this possible? If so which are the good universities for doing it and what is the procedure?

Yes, it is possible to do PhD in English without studying M.Phil in English.
The eligibility to study the PhD in English is Master’s Degree in English with 55% marks from a recognised university. The aspirant has to appear for an entrance examination and interview for the admission. You have to apply to the university by downloading the application. You can also contact the university English department for the availability of guides and other details. The course is available in the following universities;
Madras University - Official Website
Amity University - Official Website
Lovely Professional University - Official Website
University of Calicut - Official Website
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?