1st March 2017, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to complete Ph.D Computer Science through IGNOU?

Is it possible to complete Ph.D Computer Science through IGNOU? What should be the steps followed for that? Who can give me the details on this? I need to complete Ph.D through part time and I wanted to know if IGNOU is a best option for it.

3rd March 2017, 12:58 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is it possible to complete Ph.D Computer Science through IGNOU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is it possible to complete Ph.D Computer Science through IGNOU? What should be the steps followed for that? Who can give me the details on this? I need to complete Ph.D through part time and I wanted to know if IGNOU is a best option for it.
Yes, it is possible to do PhD Computer Science through IGNOU. If you have completed MCA or M.Sc Computer Science or M.E / M.Tech in Computer Science Computer Science with a minimum of 55% marks then you are eligible to study Doctor of Philosophy Computer Science (PhD). An Entrance Test is conducted at the national level across country in various centers. If you are already cleared the NET or GATE examination then you will be exempted from the entrance test conducted by the University. If you clear the entrance test then you will be called for an interview/presentation of synopsis before the Doctoral Committee. Only selected candidates will be given offer letters to do PhD Computer Science. You can find the details in the IGNOU website also Click Here
3rd March 2017, 05:22 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is possible for you to complete Ph.D in Computer in IGNOU. Here is the basic eligibility criteria that is required for Ph.D course. You must have completed M.Phil or Master's degree in the concerned stream in order to be eligible. Candidates must have qualified NET Examination in order to be eligible. If you have not qualified this entrance examination then you are required to appear in Universities Entrance Examination. I am attaching you the brochure which consists of all the details that are required.

Click here for Information Brochure
3rd March 2017, 08:02 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you can do Ph.D in Computer Science in IGNOU but you fulfill below given criteria.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

There is no age criteria.

You must have a valid GATE/UGC NET score card.
3rd March 2017, 08:11 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to tell you that definitely it is possible for you to pursue Ph.D course in Computer Science through IGNOU. For that you must have to satisfy the required eligibility criteria.
To do Ph.D in Computer Science field, you must have to gain a Masters degree in the same from a recognised University. After that you must qualify in the UGC NET examination.
The eligibility criteria required to appear in the UGC NET examination is that a candidate must have completed Master's Degree course from a recognised University with 55% of marks.
After qualifying in the NET examination, you can take admission to study Ph.D in Computer Science through IGNOU.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?