22nd December 2016, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to apply for Ph.D in Linguistics in India and abroad?

I have completed MA English from Andhra University in which Linguistics is one paper. I want to pursue PhD in Linguistics either in India or in any other countries like Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia etc., Please give me complete details-Sirisha

23rd December 2016, 11:01 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to apply for Ph.D in Linguistics in India and abroad?

To do the Ph.D course in Linguistics in India, you must have to gain a Masters degree in relevant field from a recognised University. After that you must qualify in the UGC NET examination.
The eligibility criteria required to appear in the UGC NET examination is that a candidate must have completed Master's Degree course from a recognised University with 55% of marks.
After qualifying in the NET examination, you can take admission in different Universities to study Ph.D in the above mentioned subject.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?