24th December 2014, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

Procedure of doing PhD in Maths from IIT?

I am an MCA student. I want to do PHD in maths from IIT. Can anyone plz tell me what the procedure is and if I am eligible or not?

26th December 2014, 05:40 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure of doing PhD in Maths from IIT?

If you have got Master's degree with at least 55% marks and you have studied Maths as a subject during your academic years then surely you are eligible for Ph.D in Maths subjects. If you belong to reserved category you will get 5% relaxation in marks.

Admission in Ph.D program from top Institutes like IITs is mainly based on following criteria.

1. CSIR NET Score: If you have qualified NET with a very good score then you can directly apply for Ph.D admission in IIT with that score.

2. If you have fellowship under your belt then also you can apply for admission in the top Institutes like IITs.

Hence, if you are not NET qualified then start preparing for it because admission is mostly on the basis of this score only.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?