19th August 2015, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

Should I have to appear in SLET for study PhD in Economics? Detailed information about it?

Friends,
I want to get the details about SLET. I want to study PhD in Economics. So, I should give SLET? Please reply as soon as possible. Thank you in advance.

Related Questions:
  1. Should I appear in SLET to study PhD in History? Detailed information and syllabus of SLET?
  2. How can I fill-up the application form of SLET? Detailed information, syllabus and examination date of SLET(Economics)? Is it beneficial to appear SLET for Economics?
  3. Detailed information about IGNOU centres which offer PhD in Economics course in Southern India?
  4. Detailed information about SLET for M.Sc student?
  5. Colleges which offer PhD in Tax/Economics in Mumbai? Scope of study PhD in Tax/Economics?
  6. Is it beneficial to study PhD in Economics for M.Sc(Economics) candidate?
  7. Detailed information about PhD(Economics) course offered in Osmania University for M.A. candidate? -- [New]
  8. Detailed information and eligibility to apply for Tamil Nadu SLET for Economics?
  9. Detailed information and examination date of SLET in Tamil Nadu?
  10. Detailed information about PhD? Differences between PhD and M.Tech? Eligibility to study both?
  11. Detailed information and eligibility to appear in SLET?
  12. Can I get admission to study M.Sc and PhD through college if secure good rank in B.Sc course in India? Detailed information about study Physics/Genetics in B.Sc, M.Sc and PhD in Abroad?
  13. Can I get admission to study PhD in Economics at Delhi School of Economics if completed M.Sc in Statistics with Economics?
  14. For which subject I should apply for SLET to study PhD if completed PG in Environmental Science?
  15. In which entrance exam I have to appear for studying PhD in Economics in Delhi Technological University? Detailed information about it.
  16. Date of STET entrance exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. When the application form of SLET(Economics) will be released in M.P.?
  18. Should I have to study M.Phil after M.Sc if want to pursue PhD in Economics?
30th August 2015, 07:48 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to appear in SLET for study PhD in Economics? Detailed information about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Friends,
I want to get the details about SLET. I want to study PhD in Economics. So, I should give SLET? Please reply as soon as possible. Thank you in advance.
Yes, of course you must appear in SLET or UGC NET entrance exam in order to get admission for PhD course. Applicants who would like to join the PhD course must have a Post Graduate degree in any background. The certification must be from a recognized University. Please, refer the SLET eligibility criteria,

State Level Eligibility Test (SLET), which is conducted by the every state Government separately. Those candidates who are interested to become a lecturer or want to join in PhD course can apply for this entrance exam.

Eligibility Criteria:

- Applicant must have Master Degree in any stream from a recognized university and final year applicants are eligible.
- Applicant must sore at least 55% percent marks in post graduation.
- Upto 5% relaxation will be given for reserved category (i.e) SC/ST.
- The age limit for Junior Research Fellowship is 28 years and there is 3 years relaxation for OBC and SC/ST are also eligible for relaxation of 5 years.
- There is no upper age limit for College Lectureship.
31st August 2015, 11:10 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to appear in SLET for study PhD in Economics? Detailed information about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Friends,
SLET exam is conducted for Lectureship Post so you can not apply for Ph.D course through SLET exam.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks (50% marks for SC/ST) are eligible for SLET exam.

There is no age criteria for SLET exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?