13th August 2017, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

Steps to do PhD after B.Com and CA Final? Will I have to do M.Com? Should I do PhD in distance or regular mode?

Hello sir, I am B.Com holder and one year ago cleared CA Final. I want to know if I want to do PhD then which steps should I follow? Will I have to do M.Com? Should I do PhD in distance or regular mode?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study PhD through distance MCom course? -- [New]
  2. Can a M.Sc IT in distance mode do PhD in regular mode? Which stream should I choose?
  3. Universities offering PhD in Maths through regular or distance mode? Procedure involved in doing PhD?
  4. In which subject I should prefer doing PhD? Marks needed in B.Com and M.Com to do PhD?
  5. Am I eligible for PhD having done PGDM from ITS with dual specialization?
  6. Is is possible to do Ph.D in law through distance mode?
  7. Criteria of getting admission in M.Phil and PhD? Streams through which student can get both M.Phil and PhD? Duration and fee structure to do this from Osmania University?
  8. PhD in Pharmaceutical Chemistry is beneficial in distance mode or regular mode for an employee? Will distance universities provide lab for part time PhD students?
  9. Universities offering Distance PhD in Commerce to Regular M.Com student in India?
  10. Is it necessary to do M.Phil before PhD for MSW in distance? List of universities offering PhD in distance mode?
  11. Can I study PhD(Commerce) with 58% in BCom and 50% in MCom?
  12. Criteria to obtain PhD in Economics? Universities providing PhD in distance mode?
  13. Steps to do PhD after M.Com? Subjects available in PhD entrance exam?
  14. Can I do M.A. in Sociology by distance education being an M.Sc degree holder? Would it make a difference if I do M.A. along with my Science PhD?
  15. Is M.Phil required to pursue PhD? Which are universities offering PhD in Management via distance mode of education?
  16. Is it possible for me to pursue PhD in Geography through distance mode?
  17. Possibility to do regular PhD for correspondence M.Com candidate?
  18. UGC recognized universities for PhD in English in New Delhi through distance or regular mode -- [Most Discussed]
17th August 2017, 01:46 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Steps to do PhD after B.Com and CA Final? Will I have to do M.Com? Should I do PhD in distance or regular mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I am B.Com holder and one year ago cleared CA Final. I want to know if I want to do PhD then which steps should I follow? Will I have to do M.Com? Should I do PhD in distance or regular mode?

It is not necessary to do an M.Com to pursue a PhD, as you have completed CA Final. Candidates with CA qualification can pursue PhD in many universities without M.Com qualifications. Candidates with CA qualifications can apply online for the PhD admission. Candidates are admitted to the PhD program on the basis of an entrance examination and interview conducted by the university. You can do a PhD in regular mode, if you are not employed or you can do it in part time mode. Many colleges offer PhD for the CA completed, candidates like

Gujarat University - Website Link

Amity College of Commerce and Finance - Website Link

Sardar Patel University - Website Link

Goa University - Website Link

Bangalore University - Website Link

University of Pune - Website Link
17th August 2017, 07:25 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps to do PhD after B.Com and CA Final? Will I have to do M.Com? Should I do PhD in distance or regular mode?

In order to pursue Ph.D course in Commerce, you must have to complete your M.Com degree course from a recognized University, then only you will be eligible to opt for the Ph.D course.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in Commerce from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in the relevant field.
It is up to you that in which mode you are comfortable for the Ph.D course. You can either opt in regular mode or you can also opt in distance mode, there is no problem in it.
18th August 2017, 07:26 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

A candidate, who have completed masters degree in a particular field with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university, is eligible to do PhD in a particular branch/field and can also appear for UGC-NET entrance examinations.
Since you haven't completed your masters degree yet, you can opt for integrated PhD programme which is a combination programme which starts with a comprehensive masters degree programme and then research programme (PhD).
In order to opt for an integrated PhD, a candidate must have completed bachelors degree with 50% and above marks from a recognized university.
If you don't have time to attain regular classes then better you should opt for distance mode of education or else go for regular mode of education.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?