19th August 2017, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

Can a M.Sc IT in distance mode do PhD in regular mode? Which stream should I choose?

I have completed M.Sc IT from distance education mode of PTU and now want to do PhD in regular mode. I am confused which topic I should opt? Can a Masters in distance mode do PhD in regular mode?

Related Questions:
21st August 2017, 09:06 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a M.Sc IT in distance mode do PhD in regular mode? Which stream should I choose?

Yes, you can do Ph.D in distance mode, just make sure you have got the qualification from a UGC DEC approved university or college. Also, 55% marks is minimum to become eligible.

Admission will be on the basis of performance in the written exam and interview conducted by the university. You have to choose the same stream, which you have studied in post graduation.
23rd August 2017, 09:06 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a M.Sc IT in distance mode do PhD in regular mode? Which stream should I choose?

Yes, definitely after the completion of M.Sc in IT through distance mode, you can apply for Ph.D course through regular mode, there must not be any problem in it.
To be eligible for Ph.D course, you must score a minimum of 55% of marks in your Post Graduation.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course through regular mode. You must opt the same stream in Ph.D in which you have completed your Post Graduation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?