5th February 2018, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

Is is possible to do Ph.D in law through distance mode?

Sir, I wish to do PhD in law is it possible through distance education/correspondence, please advise at your earliest. Thanks, SP Shukla, Advocate.

Related Questions:
  1. Can a M.Sc IT in distance mode do PhD in regular mode? Which stream should I choose?
  2. Eligibility for pursuing Law through distance mode? Is distance Law valid for practicing law in court?
  3. Is it necessary to do M.Phil before PhD for MSW in distance? List of universities offering PhD in distance mode?
  4. Universities offering PhD in Maths through regular or distance mode? Procedure involved in doing PhD?
  5. Is it possible to do Ph.D in Chemistry through distance mode?
  6. How can I do Ph.D in Law by distance mode in India?
  7. Is it possible for me to pursue PhD in Geography through distance mode?
  8. Criteria to obtain PhD in Economics? Universities providing PhD in distance mode?
  9. Am I eligible to pursue Law through distance mode? I am pursuing PG in Human Right Course from IIHR in Delhi through distance mode
  10. Can I pursue LLB Correspondence course at the age of fifty years?
  11. Is M.Phil required to pursue PhD? Which are universities offering PhD in Management via distance mode of education? -- [New]
  12. Whole procedure to do PhD Hindi in distance mode? Where should I apply for it?
  13. How can I do Ph.D in Architecture and Urban Planning
  14. How can I do Ph.D in architecture and urban planning?
  15. What is the procedure followed to do Ph.D in architecture and urban planning?
  16. What should be done to complete Ph.D in architecture and urban planning?
  17. Is it possible to do Ph.D in Chemistry in distance? List of universities offering courses in distance mode? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. From which university I should do distance PhD in Architectural & Urban Planning being a PG Diploma holder with 28 years of experience?
5th February 2018, 10:23 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is is possible to do Ph.D in law through distance mode?

School of Law offers Ph.D program. Minimum qualification is LLM with 55% marks and 5 years of experience in teaching or research experience or law related work experience. The candidate has submit a research proposal along with the application specifying the broad field of study and the importance and significance of the research. Application from IGNOU.

Minimum course duration - 2 years
Maximum course duration - 5 years.
6th February 2018, 09:37 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is possible to pursue PhD in law through distance mode, but it is not advisable at all. Because, law courses which are completed from distance education are not at all recognized by the Bar Council of India. Hence, you won't be able to practice as a lawyer in court. So, it is recommended to pursue PhD in law through regular mode instead of distance mode as it is not valid.
6th February 2018, 03:40 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Ph.D or any research in law is definitely possible through distance mode, if you are a working professional like lecturer or scientist working in a organisation.

If you are already practicing as a lawyer and have got BCI license, then surely you will be eligible for distance mode Ph.D admission.
6th February 2018, 06:21 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Yes, definitely it is possible to do PhD in Law through distance mode after completion of masters degree in the same discipline. In order to be eligible for PhD in Law, you must have completed masters in Law with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university.
Below I have listed name of some universities which offer PhD in Law through distance mode:
>University of Madras
Address: Navalar Nagar, Chepauk, Triplicane, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600005
Phone: 044 2539 9422
>Andhra University
Address: Waltair Junction, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh 530003
Phone: 089128 44000
>Annamalai University Study Centre
Address: No.19, Sardar Shankar Road, Behind Lake Market, Kolkata, West Bengal 700029
Phone: 033 2466 7215
>NIMS University
Address: Jaipur-Delhi Highway, Shobha Nagar, National Highway 11C, Jaipur, Rajasthan 303121
Phone: 091160 10414
6th February 2018, 11:46 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to tell you that definitely you can opt for the Ph.D course in Law through distance mode, there is no problem in it.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in Law from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in the same through distance mode.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?