19th August 2017, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

In which stream a B.Sc Life Science and Masters in Sociology can do M.Phil or PhD?

I have did B.Sc Life Science from Delhi University and now pursuing Masters in Sociology from IGNOU. I want to do M.Phil or PhD? Which stream should I select for it?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study PhD in Regular Mode if completed MPhil in Sociology through correspondence? -- [New]
  2. Is it possible for me to do Ph.D in Sociology after completion of masters in sociology with 50% marks?
  3. Courses available in Geography after B.A in JNU, BHU and DU? Procedure to apply for these colleges?
  4. Syllabus for Law and governance entrance test in JNU?
  5. Is it possible for me to do Ph.D or M.Phil right after completion of Ph.D course?
  6. List of colleges for doing M.Sc. and M.Phil. in computer science? Can I do Ph.D. just after B.Sc. in computer science? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. How can I apply for Ph.D or M.Phil in Sociology
  8. Can I do M.A. in Sociology by distance education being an M.Sc degree holder? Would it make a difference if I do M.A. along with my Science PhD?
  9. Does BU offer doctorate course in music for hindustani vocal?
  10. Can I do M.Phil in chemistry from IGNOU through correspondence
  11. Going through engineering way rather science is acceptable for PhD inn Physics
  12. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Sociology if I have cleared MA in Sociology with 53% from IGNOU?
  13. Is it possible to get scholarship for doing Marine Biology for dong BSc Life Science in abroad? What are the career prospects?
  14. Suggestion of universities for Phd or MPhil in Clinical Psychology with below 60% marks.
  15. How to study M.Phil in distance education? I have completed MCA
  16. Enrollment procedure in PhD (Sociology) at The University of Edinburgh? Total cost to do PhD from here? How much stipend they give to PhD students?
  17. Minimum percentage required in M.A.(Sociology) for Ph.D program?
  18. Eligibility for masters in Biological Science after B.A in Sociology and appeared for GRE?
21st August 2017, 09:12 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In which stream a B.Sc Life Science and Masters in Sociology can do M.Phil or PhD?

For M.Phil or Ph.D, you need to choose the stream, which you have studied in your post graduation. Admission in research programs is based on the PG degree, that is why you should opt for it.

You have to appear for entrance exam and interview to get admission in Ph.D or M.Phil. Hence, just be prepared for these stages.
23rd August 2017, 08:46 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In which stream a B.Sc Life Science and Masters in Sociology can do M.Phil or PhD?

Since you are pursuing your Masters degree course in Sociology, you must go for Ph.D course in Sociology field. You must opt the stream according to your Post Graduation related subjects.
So, after completing your Masters degree in Sociology, you must have to qualify in the NET examination to get admission in different Colleges for Ph.D course.
You must have scored a minimum of 55% of marks in your Masters degree course to be eligible for NET examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?