12th July 2016, 09:39 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible for me to do Ph.D in Sociology after completion of masters in sociology with 50% marks?

Dear Sir/Mam,

I did masters degree in sociology (2 years) from T.U Nepal in 2000. My percentage is only 50 % . Do I would like to do PhD in sociology from any Indian university.so ,could I join .
Or ,what are the requirements do I need ,,pls help me ..

13th July 2016, 09:12 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to do Ph.D in Sociology after completion of masters in sociology with 50% marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir/Mam,

I did masters degree in sociology (2 years) from T.U Nepal in 2000. My percentage is only 50 % . Do I would like to do PhD in sociology from any Indian university.so ,could I join .
Or ,what are the requirements do I need ,,pls help me ..
As per masters degree marks, you are not eligible for Ph.D course in Sociology.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

There are no age criteria for Ph.D course. You must have a valid UGC NET score card.
13th July 2016, 04:23 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to do Ph.D in Sociology after completion of masters in sociology with 50% marks?

I am sorry to say you that since you have scored only 50% marks in Masters degree, you are not eligible for pursuing Ph.D course. Below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria to pursue Ph.D course, have a look over it.

Eligibility criteria to do Ph.D:-

Candidates must have completed Master's degree from a recognised University.
Candidates must have scored at least 55% of marks in Master's degree.
Candidates must have a valid NET score card.
31st March 2017, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

Kindly inform name and address of different institutes provide deploma courses after M.A. in sociology in Lluckno Utter Pradesh.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?