19th August 2017, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

Terms and conditions to do PhD for a Chartered Accountant? Which are the colleges?

As per ICAI Chartered Accountant is to be considered as a Post Graduated and can pursue PhD in recognized colleges. What are the terms and condition to do PhD for a CA? Which are the colleges?

Related Questions:
  1. Which are the best colleges for chartered accountant in Maharashtra?
  2. What are the career opportunities available after completing Accountancy Honors? Can I get a job in Private or Government Banks?
  3. Am I eligible to apply for chartered accountant after completing B.A LLB?
  4. What is the eligibility criteria required to do Ph.D after completion of Chartered Accountant course? -- [New]
  5. What is the procedure to study Chartered Accountant? What is the duration of the course? Best college to study Chartered Accountant? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. How to become a chartered accountant after studying 2nd PU science?
  7. What is the duration period to become a chartered accountant after completion of 10th standard?
  8. How to do chartered accountant course with B.Com?
  9. Detailed information about Student Loan for ICAI student of Hyderabad?
  10. Details of Student Loan for ICAI student of Hyderabad?
  11. Is it a must to do A Level to become a Chartered Accountant? Duration of the course?
  12. Which stream should I choose for Intermediate to become a Chartered Accountant? What steps should I follow to become a Charted Accountant?
  13. List of courses available after M.Com? Should I study MBA and Ph.D?
  14. Is it possible to join CA having 6 years of gap after +2?
  15. Can a Chartered Accountant with B.Com Honors do PhD without M.Com? Will I have to pass NET exam?
  16. What Chartered Accountant course is all about? What is the work of a Chartered Accountant and how much they earn?
  17. How to do PhD in Mathematics from University of Calcutta? Terms and conditions for it?
  18. What is the salary structure for CA?
21st August 2017, 09:16 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Terms and conditions to do PhD for a Chartered Accountant? Which are the colleges?

CA is a professional qualification provided by ICAI and there is no UGC affiliation to such qualifications. Hence, we can say that it is not equivalent to a PG or any degree.

For PG degree, you need to have UGC recognized degree from any affiliated university. ICAI is a professional body, which doesn't need any such affiliation.
23rd August 2017, 08:41 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Terms and conditions to do PhD for a Chartered Accountant? Which are the colleges?

I am sorry to say that Chartered Accountant is a professional course and it cannot be regarded as a Post Graduate course or any degree.
Since you have not completed your Post Graduation course, you are not eligible to apply for Ph.D course.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?